SKSE mod problems

Vekkulious

Hey BlackRampage, I'm actually pretty sure that you can install SKSE with Nexus Mod Manager as I am quite certain that is how I have mine installed, unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying.

Regarding what you're saying Vekkulious, when you launch SKSE and then go to play the game, do you get a message saying something like "Some of these mods rely on SKSE..." or something like that? If not, and you have mods that rely on it, at least you know SKSE is launching fine.

But did you activate Immersive Weapons after you installed it?

Also, test it out in game. Like, pick the name of a weapon that comes with Immersive Weapons and then once in game, activate your console, and do help and that weapon's name.

If you tried that already and it is like the weapon is not in the game, then I have to ask, are there other mods not showing up in your game and do all the other mods not activating use SKSE?

It may be as simple as forgetting to activate them after the install though.

Hey BlackRampage, I'm actually pretty sure that you can install SKSE with Nexus Mod Manager as I am quite certain that is how I have mine installed, unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying.

No, you can't install SKSE with Nexus Mod Manager (or any of the other mod managers) because SKSE isn't a mod. It has to be installed either through it's automated installer or by extracting the archive into your Skyrim folder. By design, NMM (and MO and Bash) can not touch the main Skyrim folder where SKSE needs to be. There are however people who over-complicate the installation process by creating an archive of the scripts for SKSE and then install those through NMM. That's most likely what you did but it's not the same as installing SKSE with NMM.

If some mods are working and others aren't it's most likely that only some of the mods are activated. The other possibility is that the SKSE version isn't the most recent so some mods aren't finding the functions they need.

Okay, then I just misunderstood what Rampage was saying. It's possible that the original poster meant that he did what you described, which is also what I did... though it was hardly complicated. I mean the fact that I was able to do it in one try proves there's nothing complicated about it, lol. It's only a matter of preference.

The activation thing is what I figured as well, but I didn't even consider that it could be an outdated form of SKSE. Nice idea as to what the problem could be and something that may help me help someone else in the future. Thanks for that )

I now have manually installed the skse. Only some of the mods are showing up in skyi. I have activated all the mods through nexus mod manager and only about half of them are showing up in the game. I have not recieved any errors or anything like that. I'll check if any of the weapons are in the game but I doubt that since at the start of the game it mentions which mods are activated and Immersive weapons wasn't in the list

We thought you were having a problem with SKSE but it sounds like you're really having an issue with mods that use SkyUI's MCM.

For mods not showing up in the MCM could be that those mods don't have MCM menus or it could simply be that they haven't all finished registering. Sometimes it takes a while for all menus to show up if you load a lot at the same time. It's also possible for one mod that uses the MCM to lock up the system doing heavy initialization that will delay other mod menus from getting loaded. And some mods don't initialize correctly until you've saved the game, quit, restart, and then load the saved game. So if some mods are showing up in the menu, just be patient the rest should show up eventually.