Filemanagement for a big project

Hi folks,

I'm part of a team which wants to make a Skyrim mod like Wyrmstooth or Falskaar and we've run into a problem.

How should we manage the .esp files? Should everybody make their own file and then merge them together when we're done or work with only one .esp but then only one person can work on it at a time?

And if it is better to work with separate esp's how can we merge them the easiest way?

I hope someone can help us here

have a beautyfull day

esfewsf

I recommend for a large project with multiple team members to implement a version control to keep track of who makes what change (added/deleted/etc). I haven't used VCs for Skyrim, so cannot be more helpful than that.

@Matthiaswagg thank you for the reply but i have a question:

Does GitExtensions support 3 or more masters in the merging process? We are using Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dragonborn.esm would it be possible to manage our file with all the masters?

If Git gives you issues, not sure how subversion (most likely utilizing TortoiseSVN) or other VCs would work in this case or if they would provide different control over the project.

@Matthiaswagg

when i try to merge with the ck there is an error because bethesda disabled something.

do you think it would be possible to contact the master-merger* to help?

thanks in advance and have a beautyfull day

esfewsf

*what a masterpiece of a pun :D