Bad Advertisement

ThomasKra

Picture of offending ad as seen on TESNexus.

This advertisement takes up a lot of resources and refuses to let users navigate away from the page it is displayed on. I had to kill Firefox via the task manager to get rid of it. Could you please pull this ad from the cycle?

Thanks.

Edited by Thomas Kaira

for mozilla, just download the FREE adblocker

blocks all forum ads

Many of us (like me) let the ads display on the Nexus family as a courtesy to Dark0ne. This site makes a lot of its revenue from the ads, and that revenue keeps the site up. That is the reason I reported this garbage ad, I don't want to have to block the ads on these sites.

And yes, I am blocking the ads for now, at least until we can get a response to this one.

Edited by Thomas Kaira

for mozilla, just download the FREE adblocker

blocks all forum ads

Many of us (like me) let the ads display on the Nexus family as a courtesy to Dark0ne. This site makes a lot of its revenue from the ads, and that revenue keeps the site up. That is the reason I reported this garbage ad, I don't want to have to block the ads on these sites.

And yes, I am blocking the ads for now, at least until we can get a response to this one.

well, once i can afford it and buy stuff online, ill get the longest subscription i can, i want to contribute when i can, but i cannot stand ads

It should be possible to block that individual ad without blocking all of them.

Yes, Adblock and I think most other ad blockers allow you to do this. On Adblock there's an "Open blockable items" option on the menu where you can select page elements to filter. One could hope that if enough people used that feature and blocked only the most obnoxious ads, the ad vendors might figure out that those generate the least revenue and drop them. It's a nice thought, but I don't really believe it would work.