Homes that you can consider "yours"

DuckThor21

Hey! I was wondering :-?. There are a lot of houses around Oblivion. Which ones are empty from the beginning, and which can you consider your own after certain quests. i know it sounds weird but there must be abandoned houses right? i am asking this because it's more fun to stop by your "house in the woods" than pop into a city. It's exactly what my character would do.

Well if you never do the Jemane Brother's quests you can chill in Weatherleah. Of course the place is rather run down. The official add-ons Vile Lair, Thieve's Den, Fighter's Stronghold, and Mage's Tower (I think that's what it's called?) all add some very unique places to take up residence in, with rather simple quests accompanying them. Other than that, though, I can't think of anything "out in the woods" or something. Everything else I call to mind is a house in a city, or the mansion in Anvil with the more-than-creepy basement. All of the add-ons residences are fairly out of the way though.

My characters usually claim the pirate ship docked in the Imperial city. There's an unmarked abandoned house Vanilla Oblivion adds in the wilderness too that I consider to be mine. Oh, also, I own all of Hackdirt and Borderwatch when I kill all the residents.

I enjoy the Mage's Guild Tower in the Imperial City, especially being I'm a Mage character. The tower houses three levels, with the very top level housing a number of containers, a spell-making altar, and a bed. I like to organize the containers based on item genre, so one drawer is devoted to weapons/armors/clothes, another to alchemy ingredients/tools, and another to miscellaneous items. The 2nd level houses a huge "knights of the round-ish" table, bookcases, and some glass display cases.

It's also a great place to tell any CM Companions to "hold still," or whatever, as there's plenty of walking space.

Edited by davidx4

Well if you never do the Jemane Brother's quests you can chill in Weatherleah. Of course the place is rather run down. The official add-ons Vile Lair, Thieve's Den, Fighter's Stronghold, and Mage's Tower (I think that's what it's called?) all add some very unique places to take up residence in, with rather simple quests accompanying them. Other than that, though, I can't think of anything "out in the woods" or something. Everything else I call to mind is a house in a city, or the mansion in Anvil with the more-than-creepy basement. All of the add-ons residences are fairly out of the way though.

Hey! Could you add a screen with the map where the abandoned hous is located ? also..there is a mission in the Dark brotherhood where you have to kill all the family members and the mother. What is the name of that farm ? As I reacall Lucien was hiding and after that killed there. I finished the game a lot of times I just taught there are more houses or farms spread along Cyrodill. What about Odill farm ? Is someone living there ? Or that house of that Orc. I could kill him and have the whole mansion

Hey! Could you add a screen with the map where the abandoned hous is located ? also..there is a mission in the Dark brotherhood where you have to kill all the family members and the mother. What is the name of that farm ? As I reacall Lucien was hiding and after that killed there. I finished the game a lot of times I just taught there are more houses or farms spread along Cyrodill. What about Odill farm ? Is someone living there ? Or that house of that Orc. I could kill him and have the whole mansion

Well :-? I Always liked Lucien....He is a great room mate. Doesn't need a lot of room. Doesn't mess around. No parties. Of course he needs a shower but... =))

Weekend at Bernie's, huh? Get him some sunglasses; nobody will notice there's a problem.

My house is Rosethorn Hall because it's the first "nice thing" I ever owned in Oblivion, my first luxury item not connected with becoming more powerful.

The way loot is leveled in Oblivion you stay dirt poor for many levels then suddenly become filthy rich without much time in between, and I bought this place right in the middle of that fleeting transition.

It was so cool after sleeping in sewers to have someplace this nice I really spent some time and made the place my own, arranging my alchemy gear on the executive desk, filling the shelves with examples of the potions I had made at various stages of skill, filling the cabinets with stuff sorted in very useful ways -- I had never owned my own container before I bought this and had endured the disaster of losing everything in my stash, including my zero-weight wrist cuffs, when the crate I was using for my stash in Imperial City got respawned. I used to change clothes standing in the rain with Simplicia the Simple standing there staring at me. Now I could leisurely don or doff my armor in the opulent upstairs master bedroom of my very own Alchemists' Mansion.

I felt rich beyond my wildest dreams with all those containers to put things in, and the garlic growing in the basement was really fantastic -- short of a hydroponic Nirnroot garden it was perfect. I put trophies like Daedra Hearts and Daedric Warhammers in the trophy cases, except Sigil Stones which had this weird habit of falling through the bottom, and a few days later I met the Shepherd's Pie lady who makes the Fortify Agility reagents. All this in the same city where Sindarion lives. Who wouldn't want to live in Skingrad?

Then I installed Frostcrag Spire and it kind of was better. I would've preferred to live in Rosethorn Hall, though, instead of that rather inconveniently-located and stylishly cliche' wizard tower. Once you hit 100 in Alchemy you don't need the alchemy table anymore, and I don't really need an atronach hulking around me all the time, so all I really need are some of the rarer ingredients from the Spire to be picked and transported to Rosethorn.

Now there's a job for a companion. "Rosethorn Hall Courier", heh. You'd have to really love living in Rosethorn Hall to go to that much trouble.

Call me a lamer, but I have a few armor mods installed that were intended for my warrior type classes, so when I rolled Corrine, I sent her looking for some of the armor sets these mods provided, just so she could sell them. Most of them have outrageous gold worth attached to them, but in the end I wound up getting 2000 gold for each armor piece from Rowley Eardwulf. That dumpy Imperial waterfront shack holds a special place in my heart, even my characters who "owned everything" wind up spending a lot of time there for nostalgic reasons and to "get away from it all".