Homes that you can consider "yours"

DuckThor21

Yes the house in Skingraad is beautiful. Nice description. You really like it. Again..what is the name of the house of that orc you have to kill. It's in the woods somewhere and has a smaller hous for the workers near it

You mean the guy for Malacath's quest? Look around his shrine lol, I can't remember either.

The house I usually go get for free is the house near Priory of the Nine. I was really P.Oed my first playthrough of Oblivion, because I was there and my stuff was being used by dremora when the gate sprang up into my house... I killed them. Horribly. You can see my many ideas for killing through my one picture called "My character" that I uploaded lol. Really I just threw them through the Oblivion gate, went in, closed it, grabbed all my stuff and went and bought the shack on the waterfront. Damn Oblivion gate ruined my house...

I've always really REALLY liked the Abandoned House in Cheydinhal. Well, after sprucing it up a lot and adding non-respawning containers, of course. But now it's perfect for my wandering assassins. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/happy.gif

I also like sleeping in that little cellar below the Abadoned House in the Waterfront, it's so cozy and perfect. Beinrus Manor in Anvil and Deepscorn Hollow are also really great too. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/smile.gif

Oh wait, you know which one I completely forgot about? Summitmist Manor, in Skingrad! It's an absolutely beautiful house, and so cozy and comfortable too. After you complete the Dark Brotherhood quest associated with it, it essentially becomes yours. I adore that place. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

Hmm, well I was roleplaying a mass-murdering Archmage last night, and moved into that one "bank" place or whatever it is called in Cheydinhal after locating the key on the corpse of a victim. Good times, and I essentially wiped out the entire town with a large-area frost spell, which is pretty cool since everything caught in its area crackles like it's freezing.

My current character completed Kvatch Rebuilt a while back and became the Countess of Kvatch. Castle Kvatch is now her primary residence; it's a comfortable and spacious home, with plenty of safe containers.

The first place she called home was the Priory of the Nine. Not long after defeating Umaril and restoring the Order of the Nine, she left the Priory and the Relics of the Crusader, to avoid the temptation to use the Relics for personal glory. She wandered Cyrodiil and eventually became owner of Battlehorn Castle after rescuing its occupants from marauders. She also purchased a house in neighboring Chorrol, since she and Countess Arriana Valga's became close friends after she recovered the Countess' missing painting.

The Priory is pretty barren when it is abandoned. I think there is only one container in the whole place (a chest). I would not trust any containers in the priory before it is restored; I believe those are generic containers that respawn. When the Priory is restored all of the containers and furniture get replaced with safe ones.