Liking to play male characters does not equal gay

Deleted472477User

I'm anything but self conscious when it comes to characters.

Frankly sometimes I deliberatly play ugly, just for the fun and giggles. Drunk Dwarfs, brutetastic Orkz, Trolls, Ogryns, Strigoi, and even giant spiders.

For me what matters is that the character is fun to play. Face has nothing to do with it. And for me, running around as a drunk Dwarf in his underpants can be hilarious fun!

I thought the debate was that i was gay for a male to play as a female vice-versa..... Was that another debate?

So basically, we have two debates that counter conflict with each other. We're screwed. We're gay whether a we play as a female or male!

New debate topic: Liking to play Transgender characters does not equal BI?

Oh, that would be funny. :D

We probably do actually need a thread called "Liking to play undead characters does not equal sicko"....

I'd just like to say that I myself prefer playing as a female character. My character is like an extension of myself and I usually dress her in a robe and hood, though that has nothing to do with me hating to look at her, I just imagine my character being a stealthy assassin who doesn't show her face all that often. I do however have the apachii goddess store and hero store running and yes, i'll dress up my characters in sexy outfits. If i'm playing as my female character, I like to use some sexy armor from the goddess store for the final match in the arena.

I also have a few male characters and its not often that I play as them, but when I do, I may indeed use one of Slof's mods, I really admire her work and I don't see whats wrong with dressing MY character to MY tastes. If that offends people or I'm considered a sexist or lesbian or whatever because of that, then I'm sorry, but I won't conform to their standards.

On another note, I'd like to say that I agree that society today, if a woman shows her sexual side, she's a flirt or a prostitute etc. but I think another big factor has to do with t.v. shows too. For example, many sitcoms glamorize sex but show it as the men craving for it and the female just arent that interested and/or don't get anything out of it, which could be attributed to many people finding it "offensive" if and when (God forbid) a woman embraces their sexual side, whether online, in RL, or simply by using clothing/armor mods merely for the sake of looking, THATS IT. imo, it simply comes down to a lot of people getting offended due to ignorance.

I hope all this made sense, I'm half asleep as I type this, so any errors or whatnot, I apologize now in advance :)