Nexus wiki

Dark0ne

This is a really nice addition.

One question though, would it be acceptable to add a guide to the wiki on essential mods? Like a guide listing what to install and the correct order. Something like this, but for Fallout 3?

Obviously, it would only include mutual things like NMC's retexture pack and Bug Fixes that everyone would want to use, not a mod that turns you into a child, adds a mini-nuke minigun, converts behemoths to sheep, etc.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gets to determine what mods go on that list? What criteria will they use? How often will it be updated?

Me, of course (joking ;))

Well, I agree with what Thandal points out. In addition to that, I think that such a list is not needed as there are lots of lists in the Nexus mod sites that already fulfill that role (popularity, File of the month, and then browse categories and order mods by number of downloads, rating, and so on).

Can I add one request for the wiki? I think that in the main menu on the homw page, it would be a good idea to have a link to the game categories, i.e. Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age. Now there are only links to the "installing mods" and "CS" or equivalent categories :)

I think that in the main menu on the homw page, it would be a good idea to have a link to the game categories, i.e. Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age. Now there are only links to the "installing mods" and "CS" or equivalent categories :)

Well, if you click on any of the links under "General Modding", it should take you to the majority of the content...especially tutorials.

I still can't log in. Do capital letters and numbers in your password cause problems like this?

I'm not sure. Use the forums to change your password and see.

LHammonds

So, is that a yes or a no?

I am in no position to give a yes to that answer. This is Dark0ne's site.

However, he did say this:

The Wiki shouldn't be used to advertise mods on the site. Exceptions may be mods and files that are regularly prerequisites for other mods, such as OBMM, OBSE and so on.

So unless specifically said otherwise, take that as a no.

If you are interested in creating an installation guide that surpasses that of the authors web site, please feel free to create a thread in the Oblivion Mod Talk forum. If Dark0ne gives the OK, it would be fairly easy to convert it to a wiki article.

LHammonds

i dont know where to post this at but when i go to this site , it always happens off and on all day everyday, for a couple months now, i dont knnow if you know arev not but i get a white screen with this error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/tes/public_html/includes/mysql.php on line 25

The Site MySQL database is currently down. This problem normally sorts itself very quickly. Please come back a little later.

it happens all the time, are you fixing this already? or did you know, i just thought io would give you some feedback.