Nexus wiki

Dark0ne

hey why cant i wright write an article

(Fixed that for ya')

See post #56, above, (or LHammonds' more complete instructions at #53 before that). Then notice that when you try to save any work in the wiki it refreshes the screen (keeping your work) but adding a small math problem above the editing panel. You have to solve the problem and hit "Save" again. (Prevents automated changes/defacements of the pages.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we write articles about mods on the Nexus sites so for example I made a guild and I wanted to post info about it and quests info like they do on UESP.

The Nexus Wiki is a simple Wiki set up to replace the article database on the sites and provide a more central area for helpful articles and tutorials to do with the Nexus sites, the games and modding in general. The mission statement is in no way to attempt to replace any popular community wiki's (such as the UESP or the official SDK wiki's for the various games).

The Wiki shouldn't be used to advertise mods on the site. Exceptions may be mods and files that are regularly prerequisites for other mods, such as OBMM, OBSE and so on.

The wiki is more about how to use Nexus, how to make/install mods and utilities. Not so much about how to play specific mods/quests. That is better left to the mods discussion page or UESP, etc.

(Posted this in the Site Feedback section, but maybe it belongs here...)

Can we get a link to the Wiki put on the Forum pages? Currently, it's actually kind of hard to find from within the Nexus site iteself when you go looking! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

(Posted this in the Site Feedback section, but maybe it belongs here...)

Can we get a link to the Wiki put on the Forum pages? Currently, it's actually kind of hard to find from within the Nexus site iteself when you go looking! :laugh:

Agreed it will make it a bit easier to get to the wiki.

• 2 years later...

I've recently taken on the organization of the XCOM namespace. Consequently I have been getting into the weeds of Wiki code, which is relatively new territory for me. (I've never been an HTML coder. But I can figure out the basics from examples and I read manuals.)

I found the link to the MediaWiki Help:Formatting within the 'How to post a new wiki page' article. (I would have linked to the Help:Contents page, so any Help topic could be located, but that is just a matter of preference.) However, it seems some of the MediaWiki format codes are not implemented or at least not correctly in the Nexus Wiki. I have not been successful in finding any other equivalent guide listing any specific to Nexus. Any pointers to such a page would be appreciated.

In particular, the 'code' tag (on the Wiki) is not working correctly. The text within the tag block displays below the tag display box, with loss of original formatting. There have been a couple of other codes I had problems with, but since the XCOM space articles are mostly about modding the game executable directly, having a functional code tag is important.

Example of 'code' tag bug:
<code>
This long sentence is used to demonstrate text wrapping. This additional sentence makes the text even longer.
This second line should not concatenate with the first line.
</code><br>

Instead, the text is erroneously concatenated and appears below the box it is supposed to be displayed within.
<br>

Also: Would it be possible to have the page creation submission process for a page that doesn't already exist automatically add the page to a 'Pages' or '<namespace> Pages' navigation menu item, similar to how the 'Recent Changes' navigation link works now? That way we don't have to worry that a page becomes orphaned simply because the author or an editor forgot to add a category tag initially. I would think that would be helpful on any namespace. If there already exists a method to find a page not in any category, I could use a pointer.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent