Sega CD ruled

dcyphure

while it wasnt very popular, i liked the pc ported titles cause they added music and voice

they had few uniique titles and remakes not found on other systems..like the sequal to Out of this world (another world) called heart of the alien...it was truely a masterpiece and continued the story from where part 1 left off. shame games like those are almost lost due to lack of interest in the system itself.

another great pc port was Adventures of willy beamish, an animated cartoon style adventure game with good voice acting, one of the few titles back in those days that had much freedom. i saw the pc cd version sell for $256 on ebay, dunno why but this particular version always sells very well and well over the original price.

rise of the dragon was another great port adding voice acting/animation and decent tunes

shadow of the beast 2...better music and an intro cinema than genesis version

flashback...same game but i liked the less cartoony rendered videos inbetween levels, i think it had voice acting too, cant rmember

i remember CD-i and 3do comming out not long after segacd but had the crappiest games ever

• 1 year later...

you forgot to mention that it has the only english version of sntacher

the orginal versions of lunar silverstar story and lunar 2 eternal blue

shining force cd

popful mail and policenauts

there is much to like about the sega cd if you got deep pockets

• 2 years later...

I think Sega should've focused more on PC ports and RPGs than those crappy Full-motion Videos things. Like the Dreamcast, Sega had something really awesome, which they could've used to dominate the market, but they screwed it up and lost a lot of money.

I too liked the Lunar series. I also played Jurassic Park, The Animals(Zomg, an educational console game), Bouncers, and Sewer Shark, Let's not forget Sonic CD, which was IMHO the best Sonic game to exist.