I hate Marriage in Skryim...taking suggestions

Galadreal

considering it is already remodeling all the NPC houses, inns, taverns, NPCs, and a lot of AI (since it adds new things like bath houses, shops, etc) as well as many exteriors (the farms in the original game suck). There will already be a lot of people who don't want to use it. No skin on my back. I make what I want to make and I share in case anyone else wants to use it. But I have not romanced everyone in the game...or even talked to them. So I was asking for suggestions.

Besides, I also want to add some non-marriageable NPCs a significant other with more variety. For instance, as much as Carlotta Valentine complains about men, I figure she probably has a wife or at least girlfriend at home. Maybe she takes care of the house while Carlotta is a the shop all day. I don't know yet. but I have spent so much time researching the towns and villages and trying to get history on them all to make this realistic, I just wanted to make the people more realistic as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate it. But most of the time the creation kit already says who is in a relationship with who. But thank you.

Also, the whole pairing Carlotta up was just kind of an irony thing. Since she complains about all the men flirting with her, and how some of them are even single.

Still, it just bugs me that while anyone will marry the dragonborn, because he/she is just so friggin awesome, almost all other couples in Skyrim are hetero pairings. I can only think of one exception that was added by the dragonborn DLC, and they were both dead. :(

And while I am not wanting to do anything as drastic as DA:I where you have to play as a certain race for some character's romance (that irritated me...I wanted to run my first play-through as a Qunari, but I could not romance Cullen that way, and since I was lusting after him since the first game...I went ahead and played through as a human first. Then again, as much as I like Dorian, I cannot ever see him as a romance option, not because I rarely play as a male, but because he is just too fun of a character to have as a friend without adding "The Feels" to it.)

Ugh, I just woke up and am not talking right, I know this. I just wanted to add something to the game that made it so that not just anyone would marry the dragon born, just because you brought them a mammoth tusk or chopped firewood for them. Sure that might get you in their good graces, but unless they were attracted to you in the first place, I don't see why they should marry you. But with the game in it's current form, everyone is attracted to you.

On an unrelated note, I do also want to put in a brothel....no animations of course, at least not without other mods, but with what seems like every unattached person in Skyrim lusting after the dragonborn, it seems like kind of a silly idea.

That because it for the players sake to have them all BI.

I think race restorations on romance is realistic and add depth to the npcs. And really? I think it more comfortable to have a lover as a friend then a real lover when talking long term. It just feel more natural and better around them. I guess it works better for non romantic people. And Cullen for the win!

You can add new npcs that act as lovers to other npcs, whores that hate to sleep with the dragonborn, if you are adding some npcs, make them couples of different races and sexual verity to balance all that.

Like a blacksmith that says "I can also polish all kind of weapons.." the players says his weapons are fine, then the black smith is like "not those weapons...." but is very polite and normal when dealing with women.

Though thinking about it. Many people will probably not use it anyway due to some of the other changes I have made to NPC Appearance and/or Skills and Spells. There are a lot of good mods out there that already do that. But of course, if you use one of them, you need patches to work with others that effect the same character. Which is one of the reasons I started doing this. I was tired of having everything conflict and I wanted to do something that would fix it (for me) all at once. Plus, I like customizing stuff. I don't claim to be as good as many other people, but I also don't want everyone in the game to be super pretty. I mean yeah, some will be, but I also want to do some average looking people and there will probably also be some that look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

As for the photo, I know it will not be to everyone's taste to see my version of Aela (still working on getting the textures right to fix neck seams). But like I said before, I mod for me, I just came here asking for ideas or suggestions.

I really can't see her like that and I hate what you did to her face, but as you said it your taste and mod and I respect that. You should be able to mod it as you as wish and like in your game.

Npc records can be removed with tes5edit, so I may be able to make a patch that removes the changes appiled to skills, spells appearance and not AI if you wish to release it and people started hating.

Not really. Like I said, I don't expect everyone to like what I did. And I don't really care if people hate. This is the internet, so it is inevitable. :smile:

Though I do need to give her back her warpaint. Or a new one. But not everyone likes my choices. I certainly don't always like the choices everyone else makes, but I don't have to download those mods. :smile:

This is off topic though. I only posted that to make a point. Many people will not like what I do regardless, so changing the gender preferences for marraige is something I am going to do in this mod. And some people will not download it for that reason, just like some people will not download it because they do not like how NPCs look, just like some people will not like it because they prefer to use other mods that make changes to the same area's. And some people will say it was stupid and pointless...Etc etc etc. It is gonna get done regardless though, because I can. And I have way too much time on my hands a the moment. :smile:

Edit: I would also point out, that I started with her original, made her lips a little fuller, changed her eye color, hairstyle, and coloring to more of a natural peach-tone. I may also have increased her eye size a little...but it has been over 2 weeks...and several other NPCs, so I cannot remember for certain. Otherwise I really did not do much of a change on her. Oh and gave her the textures from the BiPhenotypes mod, barbarian body and base head. Though I had considered giving her some sort of scar on her face, I don't think she had one to start with. But Meh. I don't want to completely change everyone. Most people are getting new hair, coloring, textures, and a few other tweaks. but like I said, it is all a matter or preferance. Thank you to TheMagician for doing the Ultimate NPC Face Unlocker mod.

Edited by Galadreal

This is very true...I have another mod that people asked for a modular version for. And once I get the final version finished and all the bugs removed, I might do that. But it is so much easier to work in one file than making the same changes 5 different times in different versions. That is HORRIBLE. And a huge waste of time. :)

Besides, like I said, I was already having to change the NPC to add in new AI (Bathhouses in cities, attached to the remodeled Inns, so less stinky people, and it works with Bathing in Skyrim), so I wanted to take it farther instead of making a separate mod that I would have to patch later, I just did it this way. It works for me.

Yes, I am female and I use skimpy armors. Go figure. Anyway. The whole remodeling NPCs came because I was also irritated that no matter what skin texture you use, everyone else uses it to. Personally, I love using SG Texture renewal, but it looks a bit odd on some people. So I contacted several texture authors (or looked at their permissions tab) and got permissions to include those. Which means that while several people in the game will have similar textures (Women of Skyrim, the variations of BiPhenotypes, etc) Not everyone will have exactly the same sets of scars.

And I was gonna have to manually texture the heads anyway after that, so I decided to make some changes, remove some dirt (not all, Skyrim is a filthy place, though less so with the bathhouses I mentioned earlier), and remove some of the makeup, because I am tired of everyone wearing so damned much eye shadow.

"Everybody drop your weapons, or I scrape off all her makeup!...This might take, like, a really long time."

Sorry, I do watch a lot of movies...and I enjoyed Tank Girl...even though I know it was really bad.