ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Hidden Valley BoS---no entrance possible! tried everything

diogenes84

hi

im on the alternative mq with yes-man in the lucky 38, im liked with the ncr, mixed with legion, liked in most cities

neutral with bos

BUT THEY WONT OPEN THEIR BUNKER OR TALK TO ME ON THE INTERCOM

i have already:

-begun ed-e quest to where knight lorenzo contacted me, and walked every entrance in hidden valley with him

-found the repconn patrol and got the password holo, but no dialog option at intercom!

-tried if veronica would get on the intercom--no

-have the "make contact with brotherhood" quest activated

the door where my ed-e marker points is closed and not even pickable. i see a room behind it and than the quest marker.

what can i do????

please help

Are you sure you're in the right bunker? There are 2 in that area.

4 bunkers

well i had trouble as well but what worked for me was i went to the empty bunker and i managed to successfully picked the door lock.

you cant enter there because its blocked so i figured i had solved it and i went to the other door to pick that one but i cant remember exactly what i did but the BOS soldiers opened it to challenge me.

what happens next after that is up to you :thumbsup:

i think i tried the speaker then went to the door and it opened right up without me doing anything to it

you can try picking the first door (maybe it doesnt matter which one you pick?) or maybe it does and you have to do it like i did

Edited by webster63

i know there are 4 bunker entrances.

2 with intercom and doors blocked with rubble(no action posible despite ed-e brotherhood quest, veronica with me and 2 bos holotags with passwords), 1 with closed door and no option to pick or whatsoever, and 1 with absolutely nothing

dont remember if i had to pick any of the doors in the rooms with intercom but both are open

what to do?

anyone had this problem?

i know there are 4 bunker entrances.

2 with intercom and doors blocked with rubble(no action posible despite ed-e brotherhood quest, veronica with me and 2 bos holotags with passwords), 1 with closed door and no option to pick or whatsoever, and 1 with absolutely nothing

dont remember if i had to pick any of the doors in the rooms with intercom but both are open

what to do?

anyone had this problem?

Strange, i was let in almost immedately with my male character in the quest, The House Always Wins, V

Sounds like a glitch, since entering the bunker with Veronica should get you into the bunker automatically as she should run up to the intercom and get let in. Otherwise the only other time I've managed to get in is when I've seen one of the patrols leaving the outer structure and I go in, after which I'm let in but stripped of everything and forced to see the Elder.

yeah dunno what to do

i disabled house but im supposed to find bos by order of yes-man

when i was "sneering punk" with ncr for a while, i was attacked by brotherhood patrols, but now i dont see anyone there.

not sure if i should cheat this quest to completed or something.

Sounds like a glitch, since entering the bunker with Veronica should get you into the bunker automatically as she should run up to the intercom and get let in. Otherwise the only other time I've managed to get in is when I've seen one of the patrols leaving the outer structure and I go in, after which I'm let in but stripped of everything and forced to see the Elder.

that sounds like it could be a likely "trigger" key then, because i was with "Cass" as my companion so maybe you just need to "have" a companion to trigger it.

it felt like the door just opened when i stood in front of it since i dont recall doing anything to trigger it. but this was after i left and returned later in the game, the first time i didnt have a companion.

the first time the door opend it scared me so i fired lol and was quickly killed but i respawned and did nothing and they came out and then they threatened me so i let them take my weapons and they sent me to see the elder so i must have just been there in the right place and time to trigger it or having a companion did it.

but then why did they not just walk thru the wall like every other game animation so im still not sure :unsure:

the door i picked was the empty room with campfire and speaker by the door then the door that opened was the one with the crates and speaker by the door

i suppose you could try just hanging out for a day or two and see if the door opens for patrols to go in or out

PS - you guys keep saying there are 4 bunkers but i only see three and i walked everyplace within the fences in clear weather but only saw 3

Edited by webster63

• 2 weeks later...

yes 4 bunkers, but hidden very well since you only see them from one side. i walked up and down the fence area countless times :P

dont know what was wrong, i got it fixed by "warping" through the first door with tcl console command.

then somehow i got veronica to follow me through the closed door and she activated the intercom.

everything went fine from there.

thx again for your answers guys!

p.s.:paladins stripped me of my armor and weapons after i had a "private audience with the elder and veronica, but we know whats going on"

pretty funny stuff :)