KVATCH REBUILT WAITING AND WAITING

jwoltz

I have yet another Kvatch Rebuilt Issue. I love the mod and it has worked great except for a few minor issues including NO available walkthrough to help you as you stumble blindly through the quests. The city is complete (so I've been told by messanger), I've fought in the new arena, and saved the guy so as to become the new Count. NOW I find out I can become Countess (I could have from the get go-didn't know that), eventually I'm suppose to have a portrait "painted" of me, and a statue made in my honor in the city. I've waited and waited for further things to happen. I was told I can still become count/countess (eventually) because the new, current Count will talk to me and decide he doeswn't want to become Count. I have the choice yes or no to take over the job. ALL THIS I have been told by various members' comments on TesNexus. HERE'S MY QUESTION: Is ANY of this correct? If so, How much longer (in real or Tamriel time) am I suppose to wait? AND has anyone done a walkthrough of this mod's mini quests to help answer this and so many other questions? Tired of waiting! HELP!

I was given some info on the posted forum link. Unfortunately none of it was valid or at least accurate. The Count will NOT talk to me. Savlian Matius who has now taken over the Wolf's Head tavern won't talk to me. In fact, there is no dialogue progression from ANYONE suggesting the ability to become Count/Countess. Further, the Count at present is "essential" and cannot be killed. And YES I, too am having the problem of having become Grand Ranger of the Arena but can no longer fight. The only option that pops up is "Not Right Now" when you ask for another match. The Bane of Battle Armorer has NEVER opened. There are still broken columns inside that castle that I thought would have been fixed by now. There is no mention of a statue of me and the only reference to a painting is that each day, weather permitting, an easel and blanket appear outside the chapel on the plaza, suggesting someone setting up to paint, but nothing ever happens. AND finally, the Kvatch.net site is no longer valid. So there is still NO WALKTHROUGH. I just don't understand the authors of this mod. This is probably the BEST mod ever made for Oblivion in that it is VERY cleaverly done and addresses an issue that should have been done by Bethesda in the first place. Despite all the work that went into this and I'm sure it was considerable, they didn't create a walkthrough? I stumbled through the quests so blindly that at times, I was hopelessly lost. I don't utilize walkthroughs per say since they spoil the whole idea of playing and figuring things out. BUT, when your stuck, your stuck! And once in a while you need a little nudge. Having some help would have, I feel, circumvented some problems I am now having. I just hope that in time, all this will work out and that it isn't bugs in the mod. THAT would really suck eggs. If ANYONE has any answers to any of the above issues and more, PLEASE post here or email me directly, [email protected]. I'm DESPERATELY seeking definative answers.

Do you use BOSS, and do you use a Bashed Patch with Kvatch Rebuilt tagged to import actor AI data?

If you have already returned Molvirian to Kvatch and he has become Count, then you have missed your opportunity to become Countess. Whether or not you get the choice to become Countess depends on a dialog choice you make at Molvirian's cottage, right before he returns to Kvatch.

I completed KR not too long ago, and I kept all of my save games along the way. I just reloaded my save right before the crucial decision point, here is how it goes:

At the end of the "From the Shadows - A Knife in the Dark" quest, when you return to Molvirian's cottage and show him the ring and the frostbitten finger, you get three dialog options:

• "The people need their leader"
  • "I don't care, you're coming with me"
  • "Return, fleeing won't solve anything"

Take the third one, "Return, fleeing won't solve anything". Molvirian will immediately leave and return to Kvatch. This dialog option is the ONLY one that will make you Countess; the other two will not.

Travel to Kvatch, find Molvirian, and he will tell you "I think you need to speak to Savlian".

Find Savlian at the Wolf's Head Inn. He will tell express his gratitude for finding the Count's son, but say that Molvirian doesn't want to be Count and asks whether you want to be. You then get to choose whether you want to be Countess or not. If you turn it down, Molvirian will reluctantly take his place at the throne.

Once Molvirian becomes Count, there is no way for you ever to do it. So, unfortunately, this means you will have to reload an earlier save if you want your character to be Countess.

Thank you for the info. HERE'S A FINAL QUESTION. Since I don't have aprevious save, what if I uncheck Kvatch, Resave and Recheck it...that should start the kvatch rebuilt all over shouldn't it? If so, I could THEN make the right decisions! Can you aloso tell me about this business of a statue and/or a painting. I don't like the idea of starting Kvatch all over but is sounds like it's the only way.

Thank you for the info. HERE'S A FINAL QUESTION. Since I don't have aprevious save, what if I uncheck Kvatch, Resave and Recheck it...that should start the kvatch rebuilt all over shouldn't it? If so, I could THEN make the right decisions! Can you aloso tell me about this business of a statue and/or a painting. I don't like the idea of starting Kvatch all over but is sounds like it's the only way.

If you don't have an earlier save then it's pretty much the only way, yes. It should work.

The statue and painting thing happens after you become Countess and you rebuild the Arena. A few days after all of that, you'll notice Lenka Valus standing outside the Cathedral by an easel, with a rug not far away. Talk to her and she'll offer to do a painting of you and create a statue from the painting. You go stand on the rug, and she paints you. After that, it works a lot like the statue you get in Bruma. I actually have opted not to do this in my current game, as the statue is kind of buggy: it floats above its pedestal, and its AI is enabled, so it will do things like light torches at night. It really isn't an important part of the mod anyway, just a bonus you can take if you want it.