CSE won't start with the Steam version

Ynguatep

So, after months of real work I wanted to do some relaxing level design and shape mud in Blackwood Forest into fancy arrangements.

But, oh noes, the Construction Set Extender won't start at all with the Steam version of the game. :mellow:

System: Win 7

Steam is already in an own directory.

OBSE is installed.

I've been able to run the retail GotY version without any problems on my system, but now installed the Anthology version via Steam.

Bad decision? (I'd actually like to keep it in order to play through the mini DLCs like Mehrunes' Razor, which I don't know yet.)*

If it's just not possible to use the CSE with the Steam version, so be it.

But if there's a chance, I'd be happy if someone could give me a hint. :smile:

Cheers,

Ynguatep

* Is it possible to copy the DLCs from the steam directory and use them with the retail Anthology version when the Steam version is uninstalled?

Edited by Ynguatep

Do you also have the other requirements for CSE (i.e. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redist (x86), DirectX 9.0c Runtime and .NET Framework 4.0+)?

Thanks for the quick answer. :)

Yep, so far everything is fine.

I found the other thread from some time ago about OBSE not working with Steam, and decided to give it a try with The Blade of The Haunted, tried to install it via WryeBash, and weirdness ensues: the mod is installed properly, but never appears among the .esp files, neither in WryeBash nor in the game directory.

I think I'll just try to keep a copy of the DLC that's missing on the disc, and then bye, Steam version. :dry:

OBSE work with fairly good with Steam

I can't kick CSE too. (Steam GOTY)

CSE said my OS is not XP Sp3 or Later(Actually i use windows8.1 :)

So i give up to use CSE.(Good Editor though)

I use CS with OBSE support. It works fine.

about Visual C++ etc I usually developing Software using Visual Studio(Now 2013)

Whew. So I guess it was the right decision to install the retail again. :)

I can't imagine any more to work without CSE. My mods are almost completely level design, and it's a pain to do that with the original CS.

In one of the many readme files I skimmed some days ago, I found the note that Win 8.1 + Steam version + CSE is the config which likely works least of all.

I hoped that it would run with Win 7, but nope. Not even OBSE.

For the full steam experience, GoTY retail plus the missing AddOns like Mehrunes' Razor copied from the Steam version works fine. I have no idea if this is possible if someone owns a different GoTY version than the one from the Anthology though (keys and stuff), but I guess it might work.