Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I will actualy wait like a year or so before playing this Skyrim...the reason? Well apart from patchs and DLC I will also want to see were the Mod comunity will take this game....all I think that making this game more for the consoles is not a bad thing....se we in the PC can change game mechanics while on the Consoles they cant....so its not really a big deal....also they took out spealmaking out of the game BECAUSE of the new magick sistem, it would be WAY to hard for them to juggle both (maybe in the future there will be a mod that adds spealmaking)

spellmaking isnt cut, i dont know what everyone is talking about?!? spellmaking is there, its called the creation tool. you go in there make a spell and put it on a merchant! and poof spellmaking! haha

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will actualy wait like a year or so before playing this Skyrim...the reason? Well apart from patchs and DLC I will also want to see were the Mod comunity will take this game....all I think that making this game more for the consoles is not a bad thing....se we in the PC can change game mechanics while on the Consoles they cant....so its not really a big deal....also they took out spealmaking out of the game BECAUSE of the new magick sistem, it would be WAY to hard for them to juggle both (maybe in the future there will be a mod that adds spealmaking)

spellmaking isnt cut, i dont know what everyone is talking about?!? spellmaking is there, its called the creation tool. you go in there make a spell and put it on a merchant! and poof spellmaking! haha

Well, yeah it is possible, so it isn't all out... for modders. Not everyone can/wants/have time to learn how to mod though... (This part of modding can be very easy though^^)

Is it hard to start modding?

If you read some decent tutorials it isn't at all.

I learned the Construction Set in about a few hours.

There isn't a lot to learn, and it's really basic.

Mostly drag and place, and edit variables.

Then, there is the scripting/coding, which does take a longer time to learn, about a month or two. (I can't say, I didn't learn it :3, I want to wait for Skyrim and be a pro at modding it)

But for the basic things, like building a house, or a small village, you only need to have the basic knowledge.

Is it hard to start modding?

what i described about making a spell, hell no its very basic. just open magic tab, make a new spell and put it on a merchant or if your really lazy you can just put it so you get it when you load your game. i dont do any real modding i guess, i mostly modify other peoples mods for my own use such as making a weapon weaker or stronger or moving an item to a place i can find it. if want to get started just do what i did read around a bit, then just open the creation tool and start modifying weapons values like making a iron short-sword do 10000 damage or something stupid like that. just to see if your god-awful creation shows up in the game. thats how i started.

People liked Level Scaling in Morrowind, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so yes, we did want improved Level Scaling... :)

Sure, there is always room for more improvements, or even a complete removal of the aspect.

But I'd rather have it in, with the possibility to turn it off with a mod, than not in at all, with no possibility to turn it on...

I don't recall disliking it in Morrowind so it must have been alright. Oblivion leveling was terrible...

Fallout 3 seemed amazing to me, there were random encounters where you might run into a squad of super mutants fighting raiders, or they might be renegade brotherhood troopers instead... you felt a real sense of danger and never knew what you were in for.

In New Vegas I put it on the hardest difficulty with hardcore and besides cazadores and deathclaws it just seems way too easy. I can see any enemy from miles away so I can just avoid it if I want and there's never that feeling of randomness. Infact, I don't think they used random encounters at all.

I long for the days of King Quest when games were actually difficult, most people never beat them and you could get yourself up :excl: creek really fast.

Everyone seems to assume we can mod all flaws out and missing features in, but we have no idea at this moment what the CK will be capable of. I fear a little that this CK may be more restricted than the Oblivion CS.

Though if that fear turns out to be ungrounded, Skyrim will become really awesome for the PC, and I will start scripting mods the first moment I encounter an annoyance or a missing feature that I want. I just hope that an OBSE (or rather, SKSE) will be possible and be created, since plain CS script is way too limiting in Oblivion, and it's likely to be the same with Skyrim.

I´m hoping that if people know the basics with CS and the GECK the CK wont be that hard to figure that out.