Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Cliched though it may be, my first character will be a scrawny, tall, high elf mage.Which is exactly what I did for my main character in Oblivion, I must be afraid of change.On a side note, I'd like to see some shots of some of the more beastly races, like orcs or argonians.I really hope the orcs don't just look like elves with green skin and ugly faces this time around, they really need to look more monstrous than the other races.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can say with certainty is that there are horses in the game, but more than that I do not know.

When creating your character, you will be able to adjust height, muscle-build (thin, fat, muscular, etc), and some more. The slides from Oblivion have been taken away, and you now have only the specific slides for your look, and not tons of different slides that affect the same things.

Thanks for the reply, and i wish you and all your fellow associates good luck with the mounts.. that's one of the toughest things to create.. unique realistic mounts for the terrain you have to deal with.

* maybe mounts could depend on your race? that would be pretty cool...like each race gets their own unique mount.

Yes, of course you will!

You can edit the muscle-build of your face as well. You can have a "fat" face, a thin face, and anything in between. You can also customize your beard, so, in short: Skyrim has more customization, but less slides. (Many of Oblivions slides was unnecessary..)

Skin Tone can also be customized of course.

What's your source on that?

Just thought on pointing out, I noticed that at 1:30 when we see the player walking in a village with a robe we can see that the robe moves as he moves like dynamic clothing I think it´s called.Also is the black clothes from the dark brotherhood?If so they seem really cool.I also love the fact that the clothes/armours have little pouches.

Please someone call me wrong. What we are seeing is simply clothing attached to the skeleton, as the character moves, the clothing moves with the character. Nothing new there.

What everyone is hoping for is for a cape, for instance, to blow in the wind. Or when a pc jumps, the cuirass, and its many attachments does not simply move with the body, but lifts and drops of it's own accord, according to gravity and weight.

I fear that such animation is currently beyond the capabilities of current game technology, though. A more "loose" attachment to the skeleton, with some havoc involved may be the most we can hope for.

I agree with the pouch observation. It's good to see that "real world" detail added. Such a simple thing, yet like most immersion details, it is sorely missed even when unnoticed.

It´s not :D look closer at the 1:37 watch it and pause it watch it and pause it and you can see that the skirt from the robe goes up as he makes the fire burst spell.I´m pretty sure it moves like the ezio´s cape from assassins creed.Is it called dynamic clothes?Besides if we see the weapons holster moving while the player is moving why not the clothes.I keep my hopes up x)

I hope the maker of the Moonshadow Elves race makes a version of the mod for Skyrim. <3 Moonshadow Elves. :D

Duel Wielding. o_O <3

I just hope they have Katana-like weapons in the game.

If not. I hope a lot of people make tons of Japanese, Chinese, Korean and other Asian-like weapons as well. Morrowind had tons of katanas. Oblivion only had two default types. I hope there is enchanting for the weapons. <3

Yes, of course you will!

You can edit the muscle-build of your face as well. You can have a "fat" face, a thin face, and anything in between. You can also customize your beard, so, in short: Skyrim has more customization, but less slides. (Many of Oblivions slides was unnecessary..)

Skin Tone can also be customized of course.

What's your source on that?

An Interview with Todd Howard (GI?). He said that there are more customization, but less slides.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that there are horses in the game, but more than that I do not know.

When creating your character, you will be able to adjust height, muscle-build (thin, fat, muscular, etc), and some more. The slides from Oblivion have been taken away, and you now have only the specific slides for your look, and not tons of different slides that affect the same things.

Thanks for the reply, and i wish you and all your fellow associates good luck with the mounts.. that's one of the toughest things to create.. unique realistic mounts for the terrain you have to deal with.

* maybe mounts could depend on your race? that would be pretty cool...like each race gets their own unique mount.

Wth is up with people acting like Zaldiir or other members of the forum are Bethesda employees LOL!

Wth is up with people acting like Zaldiir or other members of the forum are Bethesda employees LOL!

I'm as amazed as you! :P

Can't say I don't like it though - it is my dream to be a Bethesda employee.. :)

You should stop doing it Zaldir. It is dishonest and disappoints many of us.