Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Mhonolithe, I love you! :D

The Argonian looks awesome, and the other races looks likewise! :D

The level of detail is astounding!

On a side note, we've reached page 300! ;D

9 more posts, and we've reached post 3000! :psyduck:

(I am so glad there's not nearly as much activity on the Bethsoft threads! Would have been THREAD number 15! ;D

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely LOVING these screenshots! Thank You! All the races look astounding and now I'm just more excited to play this game. :laugh:

Me too! :D

I never play as a beast race, and those khajiit are making me think twice about that!

There seems to have been confusion as to the way spells are cast based on the QuakeCon demo. Here's what I gathered after watching the HD version a bajillion times:

Flames, Runes, Fireballs, and AOE Spells were all separately listed, and therefore had to be equipped individually. They were not cast in a context-sensitive manner (i.e.: cast rune by pointing at ground) with just a generic "Fire" spell equipped. I think someone misread an article that talked about aiming the "Flames" spell at the ground to set it on fire and burn enemies that walked through it. Kick butt, for sure, but NOT a rune. Separate spell.

In addition, I noticed that each spell had ranks like Novice, Adept, or Master. What intrigues me is that spells seemed to have static ranks that were unaffected by the player's skill level in that school of magic. I saw spells of all the above-mentioned ranks within just the school of Destruction, and Todd's Nord had 100 Destruction skill.

Now for the speculation, yay! Based on the above info, the fact that the "Fireball" Spell Tome did not indicate a rank in either the item description or the "Spell Learned" message, and the fact that rank is only shown in the magic list descriptions...my guess, and my hope, is that spell types are ranked according to their power, and your level of skill in said school of magic determines whether or not you can cast the spell. Or, perhaps you can cast them at any skill level, but the Magicka cost is higher/effectiveness is lower? I'm leaning toward the former, since it doesn't make much sense to be able to cast the fiery-Nordic-explosion-of death-to-all-the-zombies with a low skill, even if it costs more and does less.

In conclusion: I HATED the clogged spell lists in Oblivion. Please let Skyrim not have more than one version of the same freakin' spell!

From a GI Article:

The spells also have varying attacks. As I walked down a path toward the village of Riverwood, I spotted two wolves on a nearby hill. When they caught my scent they came charging down the hill and I met them with a powerful flamethrower attack by holding down the spell button.

It might be separate skills, but from the way that is written, it seems to not be, but I don't know. I haven't been able to watch the QuakeCon video, so I am only basing things on what others are saying right now.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the face-gen capabilities are going to be dumbed waaaaay down. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing. If they can hit a happy-medium between morrowind and oblivion, it will be perfect. I don't want set faces, but I also don't need a crazy amount of sliders. My character got progressively uglier the more time I spent with those sliders.

Edit: Oops, just checked the OP and saw the "Dozens of sliders". In any case, I hope it's smarter than it was in oblivion. All the characters on there looked more-or-less like Native Americans IMO, no matter how you changed it.

Edited by Subvert5

I snagged post 3,000. nah nah na naaa naaa.

Those races look purty awesome.

Now we just need a pic of the vampire...but I'll bet they won't show that one until game releases.

EDIT: Apparently, there is a hidden post in this thread (verified) since I see this post as 3,000 and you guys see it as 2,999. Have a look at what I see:

Thus, my post is truly the 3,000th post. :tongue:

I snagged post 3,000. nah nah na naaa naaa.

Now we just need a pic of the vampire...but I'll bet they won't show that one until game releases.

Hello to you sir! (HEY! It said Hi first. Salutations anyways! Also it appears I got post 3,000. End of half-asleep ramblings? Rambles? Stupid word. See you tomorrow!)

Also anyone seen this? Quite funny :)

Edited by Zeazer