Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Nice find!

hmmmm, I wonder what the little church/monastery looking symbols on the map are for? Anyone know or care to guess?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find!

hmmmm, I wonder what the little church/monastery looking symbols on the map are for? Anyone know or care to guess?

Maybe Priories?!

Edited by MizerD

Compared to Oblivion, where you basically got a perk each 25 skill levelups (in one skill that is) it's not that much work ;)

And how many perks would they need to make if you'd pick one every skill levelup? 90 per skill? Somewhat excessive...

So does anyone know what mechanic they use for encouraging mages to forgo the use of armor?I still haven't seen anything like a "Spell Effectiveness" system, and I'm getting a little worried that robes are just in for decoration.

Well, you are faster when you don't have any armor on.

Besides that, robes are just for decoration. As always.

"As always"?In Oblivion wearing armor you weren't skilled in would reduce your spell effectiveness by quite a bit.It might not have been a huge penalty, but it was enough to encourage pure mages not to wear armor.And movement speed isn't going to affect a mage who can cast paralyze spells, use frost to slow enemies down, and summon monsters to distract the enemy.Magic is stronger this time around as well, according to the people who played Skyrim at PAX, so if you could cast magic with full effectiveness and wear heavy armor, it would be overpowered.

well yeah, but it wouldn't matter if you wore an unenchanted robe or just went in your undies, it's only for decoration unless you've got an enchantment on it.