Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Before you write Skyrim off entirely, check out this article:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/07/23/29099.htm

There are other options than capitulating to DRM.

that's quite interesting.

However it's still going to be taboo to talk about any sort of buying Skyrim then doing somthing to bypass the DRM. And would basically get you banned here and everywhere else if you say you are doing it. It still violates the EULA, even if it is not copyright infringement.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate (for me) that it requires Steam.

Cancelled pre-order.

You don't like Steam?

I have no desire to provide any company with more personal information than necessary, or allow them access to my PC. I also refuse to use EA Origin.

I have no desire to load extraneous software on my PC.

I resent the fact that Bethesda believes they have the right to treat honest customers who are paying full price for a retail software package, including the physical media, like common criminals.

But, to answer your question directly; No, I do not like Steam, nor do I favor the direction PC gaming is trending. I might as well be a (expletive deleted) console gamer.

Thank you for your interest.

So you will not play this (hopefully) masterpiece because you don't like steam?

I'm afraid you're the only one (or at least few people) who don't like steam for other reason than internet. That I understand. You don't like steam because it invades your privacy? Why should a company like Valve (that runs Steam) or Bethesda care about your privacy? And if you care about your privacy then you shouldn't like Facebook, twitter, msn, anti-virus programs (do you know how much info they can get if they want?) and hundreds other things that everyone is familiar with. Aren't you just a bit paranoid?

But something tells me you're hell bent on hating steam and no one can change your mind. Well your loss I don't care.

Unfortunate (for me) that it requires Steam.

Cancelled pre-order.

You don't like Steam?

I have no desire to provide any company with more personal information than necessary, or allow them access to my PC. I also refuse to use EA Origin.

I have no desire to load extraneous software on my PC.

I resent the fact that Bethesda believes they have the right to treat honest customers who are paying full price for a retail software package, including the physical media, like common criminals.

But, to answer your question directly; No, I do not like Steam, nor do I favor the direction PC gaming is trending. I might as well be a (expletive deleted) console gamer.

Thank you for your interest.

So you will not play this (hopefully) masterpiece because you don't like steam?

I'm afraid you're the only one (or at least few people) who don't like steam for other reason than internet. That I understand. You don't like steam because it invades your privacy? Why should a company like Valve (that runs Steam) or Bethesda care about your privacy? And if you care about your privacy then you shouldn't like Facebook, twitter, msn, anti-virus programs (do you know how much info they can get if they want?) and hundreds other things that everyone is familiar with. Aren't you just a bit paranoid?

But something tells me you're hell bent on hating steam and no one can change your mind. Well your loss I don't care.

Not steam thread. leave the man alone.

You know what would be sweet, and it might have already been claryfied in this thread, would be to have more active roads throughout the map. On Oblivion, anything outside town felt dead. There were no merchants, just guards and a few mail girls running around, or some random Khajiit between Bravil and that other town. It would be good to have merchants, thieves who rob them and such, and less mob spawns in the middle of the road. (there were even Oblivion portals next to the road, it was kind of ridiculous at times).

You know what would be sweet, and it might have already been claryfied in this thread, would be to have more active roads throughout the map. On Oblivion, anything outside town felt dead. There were no merchants, just guards and a few mail girls running around, or some random Khajiit between Bravil and that other town. It would be good to have merchants, thieves who rob them and such, and less mob spawns in the middle of the road. (there were even Oblivion portals next to the road, it was kind of ridiculous at times).

Such things have been confirmed. Carts, merchants, random quests like a wedding group, ect...

Would be cool if you could find a dragon nest in the wilderness... then kidnap a dragon egg and raise him as your own... wait.... never gonna happen lol Edited by jancina25

...It would be good to have merchants, thieves who rob them and such, and less mob spawns in the middle of the road. (there were even Oblivion portals next to the road, it was kind of ridiculous at times).

I found it quite realistic that there were portals next to roads, as it makes more sense that the Daedra would try to cut of the supplies between towns rather than just spawning a portal in the middle of nowhere, harming only the wildlife. :P

...It would be good to have merchants, thieves who rob them and such, and less mob spawns in the middle of the road. (there were even Oblivion portals next to the road, it was kind of ridiculous at times).

I found it quite realistic that there were portals next to roads, as it makes more sense that the Daedra would try to cut of the supplies between towns rather than just spawning a portal in the middle of nowhere, harming only the wildlife. :P

But there was no supply to be blocked, merchants didn't exist -.-

Also is the Lord of Time thing a joke? I once attempted to kill him out of boredom but he ran too fast and I was on foot.