Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly is duel magic going to work?

The way it makes it sound is that you can either have a spell or a sword, mace, shield, ect equipt. Meaning, if your planning on weilding two weapons, you won't be able to use magic.

There's 2 ways I picture this:

1) two weapons can be equipt, and 2 spells can be selected. R1 will swing weapon in right hand, L1 will swing weapon in left hand, R2 will use spell assigned to right hand, and L2 will use spell in left hand. (ps3 controls)

2) when a spell is assigned to a hand, that hand will be empty (kinda like how casting was in morrowind). This means you won't be able to have 2 weapons equipt and still use a spell.

I'm hoping casting will be like it was in Oblivion, method 1.

My main concern about method 2 is the hassle of equipping spells. This might not be a problem if the quick select system is decent. I'm thinking it will be the standard wheel, but when selecting a weapon or spell, you must press r1 or l1 on the hand you wish to assign.

Does anyone have any thoughs or knowage about any other this?

If the quick select system works better than Oblivion's, personally I would prefer Method 2, as it adds a little immersion/realism that you can't just throw a fireball while equipped with a sword in that hand. Since, a spell is created in your hands, and then you need free hands to actually create the spell at all. :)

I was also thinking maybe you have 3 quickselect wheels. 1 for your right hand, 1 for your lefthand, and 1 one for basic armor, hammers, soul gems, ect. Holding R2 would bring up the right hand wheel, D pad to select. L2 for left hand. Using the d pad will be the normal wheel,

However that might be a little much ^

Lol

How exactly is duel magic going to work?

The way it makes it sound is that you can either have a spell or a sword, mace, shield, ect equipt. Meaning, if your planning on weilding two weapons, you won't be able to use magic.

There's 2 ways I picture this:

1) two weapons can be equipt, and 2 spells can be selected. R1 will swing weapon in right hand, L1 will swing weapon in left hand, R2 will use spell assigned to right hand, and L2 will use spell in left hand. (ps3 controls)

2) when a spell is assigned to a hand, that hand will be empty (kinda like how casting was in morrowind). This means you won't be able to have 2 weapons equipt and still use a spell.

I'm hoping casting will be like it was in Oblivion, method 1.

My main concern about method 2 is the hassle of equipping spells. This might not be a problem if the quick select system is decent. I'm thinking it will be the standard wheel, but when selecting a weapon or spell, you must press r1 or l1 on the hand you wish to assign.

Does anyone have any thoughs or knowage about any other this?

Dont buy it for ps3

These are really good news indeed ( referring to the release of creation kit along with Skyrim), now I just hope that the new engine wont be too difficult to modify... :rolleyes:

I am guessing that duel wielders will still be able to use the the power of voice, dont need your hands in your a greybeard

Oh man... dual wielding spells = totally awesome and epic.

If that is the case, then I can't wait to atomize someone... http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss43/atletico03/KamehamehaSmiley.gif

:sweat:

Im sorry what I meant to say way, I am sure Duel -wielders of weapons will still be able to use the power of voice. which is spoken magic. Skyrim's Grey Beards are masters of it and rarely speak as to not devastate the countryside. Other spells you need to equip to either your right or your left hand. Or both. They also stated that you can combined the spells in different blasts.

Glad to hear Jeremy Soule is back on this... Music can really make or break a game. As for everything else listed, it's sounding absolutely fantastic so far.

I don't know if I can wait until November! I've been waiting for the glorious followup to Oblivion as everyone has, I'm certainly hoping this won't disappoint!