Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I dont think its that big a deal (the child violence) if people decide to go on rampage, killing everything, well they wont feel offended by hurting a child because, not only is it a video game, but its also thier goal if thier plan was to kill everything in the first place. if people dont like the idea, well simply dont kill entire towns XD

Yeah but the public doesn't care about that, they'll probably give it the highest rating possible if it doesn't become banned.

You remember how Morrowind, or Oblivion (can't remember which, I think it was Oblivion) got a higher rating because some modder took the clothes off the female model?

Well i didnt pay much attention to the ratings of oblivion, and i never played morrowind, (may be missing out ) so i guess your right

Hey and what exactly and when is this e3 thing?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see both sides of the argument here. i would vote in favor of adding to the realism from having kids dying. I think it wouldn't felt quite as cool razing a town with kids not reacting to what you have just done, sitting around playing games or whatever. the least they could do is make the kids flee the town to another town.

Since killing kids seems to be out of the question for the vanilla game, I agree completely with this. At least make them run into another town. Act like orphans. Child beggars and whatnot.

It's been a while since playing Morrowind -- and the mod Children of Morrowind was a great atmospheric addition to the game.

I never looked at attacking children to see what happened, but if I recall correctly the children had special 'home' amulets that would teleport them safely home if attacked - so no child violence. (Special magic that only works for children).

For those who want to be able to empty towns, it'd make sense to associate children with at least one adult 'parent' -- if the parent is killed, then the child could be removed from the game, or as suggested here they could be moved somewhere that still had adults (either orphened to them closely as their own child, or loosely as a 'guardian role' even if the child is a beggar).

http://www.play3-live.com/news-ps3-quelques-deetails-de-plus-pour-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-30990.html

Im not sure if thats the original source, but i often take info there and all of it is legit cuz its also written on this thread :P

Ran it through the google translator and came up with this:

Still waiting for the end of the year, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim returns today through these some new information we come from a recent interview with the developers of the game:

There will be an unlimited number of dragons in the game world

It will be possible to hunt and fish

If you have time and especially the desire, you can take down an entire city

It will be possible to do damage to the members of your enemies, which would paralyze

The title should be presented in greater depth within a couple of weeks at E3 to be held in Los Angeles.

That second to last line seems to imply that there is locational damage, similar to Fallout 3, in which attacking their limbs would cripple them.Not exactly big news, but still nice to know that I can toy with my enemies by destroying their ability to walk before killing them.