Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to translate it? ;)

EDIT: Until it's translated for real, Google Translate gives us this (Do NOT take Google Translations as cannon!):

During a recent interview that some new information regarding the next iteration of the Elder Scrolls saga have been made.

First, about the places we shall have to visit during the adventure, the development team wanted to make the environment "more organic" and create several "blocks" in its midst. Todd Howard - Executive Producer at Bethesda - explains that there will be several such types of caves. Some will be invaded by foam while others will be more ice caves. One of these ice caves will be found even within a very imperial. In all, there will be five or six places truly distinct from each other with "a lot of variations even within each of them."

Howard then addressed the theme of the loot that we collect on our way. "We've changed," he said before adding, "sometimes we want to give a specific object that will help you in the area where you are. Sometimes you get random objects matched to the area where you are, like in Fallout 3. " The enemy obviously let down a whole bunch of different objects as well in previous games developer.

The side of character development, Skyrim offer you a choice of three trees of evolution where you must use your points to some improvements to increase your abilities.

"You put points in skills, allowing you to select a variety of special attacks," said Howard. "It's basically a classic skill tree, there are just certain conditions before you can unlock certain skills." He added that the use of joysticks on the controller will exit various combos up to choose which direction you want to hit the enemy with your sword.

We also learn that we will meet the boats on our way, but it will probably not be possible to direct them.

In the possibilities offered by the game, we announced recently that it will not be possible to use the dragon as a mount. When the game comes out it will actually not the case, but Howard does not close the door on that idea and still regards it as possible thereafter, include in a future update / future DLC. Admit that the idea is still rather tempting, no?

To recap, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is expected for a far too distant November 11.

I read over it, and it seems more or less on the mark. Granted, my French isn't superb, but the translation seems to check out.

Perhaps by "foam" they mean sea caves?

I read over it, and it seems more or less on the mark. Granted, my French isn't superb, but the translation seems to check out.

since i really have nothing to do, ill translate XD (summarized translation tho )

In a recent interview with todd howard, we discorvered some new info about skyrim, the developping temas decided to make a more organic scenery, he describes different types of cave such as moss filled caves( i think its moss in english, its the green stuff on trees) , while others will be icy caverns, there will even be one of these icy caverns situated in an imperial fort. there will be 5- 6 different climate, or scenery( like volcanic tundra, glacier fall forest etc) and within these catagories of scenery will also be many variations. (in other words i take it as the scnerey will be far less generic than in oblivion) todd then explains the loot we will get . They varie it, on some occations, specific items the devs chose will be at certain places, while at other occations ull get random drops depending on the sector wich u are in like fallout 3 (i guesss it goes also with the difficulty of the dungeon.) we will have 3 perk trees to chose from, (magic stealth and warrior based trees i presume) its a classical perk tree, to get a higher perk you will need to aquired preliminary perks in order to unlock the acces to the stronger one. the analog sticks will be used to direct the slice of your weapons (which is amazing) this will also allow you to rain combos down on ur foes, we will also cross many boats on our path, but we wont be abul to direct it with our player. (probrably a carriage system thing) , they then explain how we wont be abul to ride dragons on release, but that a dlc containing this aspect is highly probably !

thats pretty much it, hope i was better than google XD

since i really have nothing to do, ill translate XD (summarized translation tho )

In a recent interview with todd howard, we discorvered some new info about skyrim, the developping temas decided to make a more organic scenery, he describes different types of cave such as moss filled caves( i think its moss in english, its the green stuff on trees) , while others will be icy caverns, there will even be one of these icy caverns situated in an imperial fort. there will be 5- 6 different climate, or scenery( like volcanic tundra, glacier fall forest etc) and within these catagories of scenery will also be many variations. (in other words i take it as the scnerey will be far less generic than in oblivion) todd then explains the loot we will get . They varie it, on some occations, specific items the devs chose will be at certain places, while at other occations ull get random drops depending on the sector wich u are in like fallout 3 (i guesss it goes also with the difficulty of the dungeon.) we will have 3 perk trees to chose from, (magic stealth and warrior based trees i presume) its a classical perk tree, to get a higher perk you will need to aquired preliminary perks in order to unlock the acces to the stronger one. the analog sticks will be used to direct the slice of your weapons (which is amazing) this will also allow you to rain combos down on ur foes, we will also cross many boats on our path, but we wont be abul to direct it with our player. (probrably a carriage system thing) , they then explain how we wont be abul to ride dragons on release, but that a dlc containing this aspect is highly probably !

thats pretty much it, hope i was better than google XD

Moss makes more sense, I remember reading various articles on how there were natural caves with vegetation in them and ice caves as well.I also remember reading about crypts and forts and dwemer ruins and nordic temple ruins as well, in regards to the dungeons.

Edited by Corakus

Yeah, I think the word for it was mousse and I had no idea what it meant lol. Foam was all Google translate would pull up, but it didn't make an ounce of sense!

Yeah, I remember reading about the return of Dwemer ruins and Nordic ruins as well.

If consoles can use the analog stick to direct attacks, I'm thinking that means that we PC users can use our mouse to direct our attacks -- so much easier!

The combat sounds nice. I just hope that this time on PC, instead of the keyboard we can control the weapon with mouse. Would be SO much better and easier. It was like that in Daggerfall. Then consoles happened.

I think there may be some new information here, most notably that something named "Wilbur" will be your pet that helps you in fights. Less significantly, the starting town is called Riverwood.

This is that French page we were trying to translate, translated.