Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I think there may be some new information here, most notably that something named "Wilbur" will be your pet that helps you in fights. Less significantly, the starting town is called Riverwood.

This is that French page we were trying to translate, translated.

That is the Norwegian page that we DID translate. (And I must say my translation is better than that one, as it seems they have been using Google Translate^^)

---

As for the new information:

- "Throat, one of the places in the game, will require the player to ascend 7,000 steps to reach it’s peak." I am pretty sure the real name of this place is High Hrothgar.^^

- "Wilbur will be your pet that will help you in fights." - This will most likely be an optional pet, like the ones in Fallout.

So, there's not really anything new apart from the pet, as we already know Riverwood is the first town you arrive in. :)

So, I hope GamingBolt will be better to categorize "new info" during E3. ;)

Can't wait for E3! :D Though I think I will have to skip school so I can keep this thread updated during it. :P

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwegian? I don't think we're talking about the same page, 'cause I was comparing it to this, though it's not impossible that there were Norwegian and French versions of the article.

By Throat I think they meant Throat of the World, atop which High Hrothgar is located.

Reading back over my old post I realize I worded it poorly -- only meant to introduce those two pieces of information ahaha.

Can't wait for E3 either -- the gameplay demos, the information. This dry period of information will be replaced with a flood! :biggrin:

Wait how about if I don't want to go to Riverwood and go to Whiterun what is stopping me going there. Maybe it means if you follow the main quest then it would be your first city.

It may just be that's where the jail you bust out of is. In Morrowind you had no choice but to start in Seyda Neen (unless you modded, of course), and in Oblivion you were right by the Imperial City making it a very likely first stop and most certainly the first city you saw.

...in Oblivion you were right by the Imperial City making it a very likely first stop and most certainly the first city you saw.

LOL, I remember when I first exited the sewer, I walked over to the dock, saw a campfire on the other side of the river and jumped in to take on those 3 bandits...then kept wondering around...it was quite some time before I looked over my shoulder to see the huge city walls. :facepalm:

I will be sure to do a 360 spin upon entering breathing the fresh air in Skyrim. :tongue:

I went to every other city before I went to the Imperial City actually... by foot. :P

I just starter wandering, doing the roxey's inn quest, and things on the way. No map, just wandering the paths. ;D

And just a heads up on the fan interview:

@gstaffinfection: Just sent over the Skyrim fan interview questions to Todd & Co. Great questions... should have great answers too

wereyetis :D

EDIT:

Am I too much of a fan of Bethsoft if this paragraph gave me good chills?:

The winning mixture of a vast open world and a wealth of choice and customisation means that - genuinely - no two play-throughs are the same.

If Skyrim can nail that again on a bigger, better stage with brighter, better stars, no other RPG will touch it this year. Or the next five. And without wanting readers to dial 118 and ask for a Super-Turbo Hype Ambulance to take us away, everything we've seen of Skyrim so far - indeed everything we've seen of Bethesda so far - points to that happening.

It all just sounds so good! ;D