Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Where did Todd get that awesome Skyrim T-shirt, I want one! Anyways, was that the thirty minute demo they talked about or is that later like how it has been said?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed up for Twitter just to confirm this. I did some digging. Some @teambrady asked Pete Hines

Will Skyrim's armor be one-piece or separated into cuirass, greaves, boots, and gauntlets?

and got the reply of

Armor is comprised of separate pieces.

So I'd put it at 65-35 in favor of greaves and cuirass as separate. Just not on vanilla armor sets. Seriously, Bethsoft wouldn't pull that on us. I hope. I might ask Pete Hines directly if it isn't figured out soon.

Well at least gauntlets are separated. If you look at the screenshot with Dovahkiin attacking the giant spider, he has those "things" on his wrists. And in the new screenshot of the Nord he has the same armor but not the wrist things.

Well at least gauntlets are separated. If you look at the screenshot with Dovahkiin attacking the giant spider, he has those "things" on his wrists. And in the new screenshot of the Nord he has the same armor but not the wrist things.

I hope gauntlets themselves are separated as well, I'd love to have some mismatched armor.

Yeah, that was nice in Morrowind. The amount of customization was practically limitless. Oblivion butchered a lot. What's the idea behind that? Why can't we wear shirts and pants under the armor? And a robe on it? Especially in Skyrim I sure wouldn't be running around wearing just a piece of metal.

I understand that there would be clipping errors and such, but surely it could work somehow?

if they shape everything properly and have a greater range of underclothes for example, then clipping shouldn't be a problem. But any accessory items or clothing will need to be shaped to a stock meshes

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-fresh-skyrim-screenshots-show-horse-riding-cities/ New screenshots these characters look too good for a Bethesda title. Glad to know I won't have to use some custom race and a boatload of mods to make my character not look like he/she was beaten with an ugly stick. Edited by NAPALM13092

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-fresh-skyrim-screenshots-show-horse-riding-cities/ New screenshots these characters look too good for a Bethesda title. Glad to know I won't have to use some custom race and a boatload of mods to make my character not look like he/she was beaten with an ugly stick.

I think I'm in love with that fifth pic! :D

Yeah, it's about time they fixed the characters up, I went crazy trying to make a decent-looking character, it got so bad I finally just gave up and had him wear a mask all the time.