Skyrim Information

Zaldir

@Jacars: 0:00 - 0:26 played when Todd first unveiled Skyrim last year, right before he walked on stage. Starting at 0:33 is the background music of the gameplay trailer, without the sound effects. At 1:26 is the ending of the teaser trailer.

If it's not legit, it could be that someone mashed them up with fancy software.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jacars: 0:00 - 0:26 played when Todd first unveiled Skyrim last year, right before he walked on stage. Starting at 0:33 is the background music of the gameplay trailer, without the sound effects. At 1:26 is the ending of the teaser trailer.

If it's not legit, it could be that someone mashed them up with fancy software.

Yes, I know all that. The uploader of the video says it's legit. But where is it from? The transition is perfect, it just CAN'T be mashed up.

Cripple, no trashing intended, rest assured. Bethesda is definitely my favorite game company these days. And Skyrim will definitely be epic :D There's no doubt about that.

@Corakus

How does it work in FO3? Haven't played that. Never liked the minigame in Oblivion, I'm glad it's gone.

It's difficult to describe specifically, but it works with the dialogue lines that you use to converse with NPCs, it's similar to Bioware's RPGs like Neverwinter Nights or Dragon Age: Origins..

Cripple, no trashing intended, rest assured. Bethesda is definitely my favorite game company these days. And Skyrim will definitely be epic :D There's no doubt about that.

@Corakus

How does it work in FO3? Haven't played that. Never liked the minigame in Oblivion, I'm glad it's gone.

It's difficult to describe specifically, but it works with the dialogue lines that you use to converse with NPCs, it's similar to Bioware's RPGs like Neverwinter Nights or Dragon Age: Origins..

Selecting some topics will make the NPC like you more, some make them upset. Most of the time, though, you'll have to increase disposition by doing things like quests for them. Usually you don't get options like the aforementioned right off.

Well, that seems more natural and realistic.

Although it might make bartering in Skyrim more difficult. I don't recall if disposition affected bartering in FO3, but it does very much in Oblivion. A good charm spell nullifies the problem.

I wonder if Bethesda thought about playing the big Oblivion mods, like Oscuro Overhaul, Better Cities, Francesco, or even Nehrim. Everyone knows the great effects that those mods brought on Oblivion, so they could have learned from it, don't you think? If all those ideas came out of nowhere, I'll simply be amazed. And then probably kill myself.

I mean, just what the guys did to the poor development was awesome. It didn't change any gameplay, sure. Still though...

Does any one know any details about the creation kit?

Will there be a heightmap editor?

Will there be a region editor (landscape generator)?

I hope so because these tools can save you hundreds of hours. I just get a little worried when people say "at least everything is hand crafted this time". Does this mean they used generators then cleaned it up by hand. Or have bethesda just removed my favorite tool :(