Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I was kind of thinking you would tap the button once to "charge" or to "ready" the fireball (even though your spells are already readied) and then tap again to cast the fireball but you would just the hold the button down to cast the flamethrower.But I guess I probably won't figure this out until I play the game.Speaking of things that are confusing, I found this in a PC gamer magazine summary.

Markarth is very vertical. Whiterun is kind of in the middle--it's in the tundra, so that city is more open.

I wonder what they mean by that, does that mean that Whiterun is an open city, do they mean there's more space in it than Markarth, or are they referring to the buildings that are outside the walls?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@corkus I don't know for sure but from my point of view the demo is clips of game play so maybe he is using one type of fire spell to throw a quick fire ball and the flame thrower and maybe there us a different fire spell he uses for the charge fireball and if u hold will drop a fire run idk just a thought there will always be speculation on demos only cause they edit clips together

From what I saw of the videos, the conversation system is what they say it is, just when they were doing the demo, they kept looking at the speaker, like most people do when speaking to people (at least in my society).

Plus I was wondering if they were using the radiant AI for animations as well. I mean, when there is different terrain walked upon the animation changes accordantly, plus when you do actions, the actions of the NPC's change, not just their overall behavior. Like emotions are shown in the animation, anger or frustrations being more jerky, and so on. This would make the animations for falling better than the "rag-doll physics" described when I watched the G4 interview.

Please update for port info!

Todd Howard has officially said that the PC will have it's own high-res textures that will be better than the console version if you set it that high.

He has said the UI has some very slight differences, but gameplay between console and PC will be very much the same aside from controls.

Here's a question about PC's;

Would it be cheaper to buy a really nice computer with all the amazing specs and whatnot right off the bat? Like Alienware or something? Or, would it be cheaper to get a pretty crappy somewhat older computer, replace the hard drive, video card, etc. If so, I got another question to ask, what are good specs for these different parts, what hard drive, video card, should I get? Can you replace the Processor? I'm not intuned at all when it comes to computers, but one of my friends has built computers before so I was just gonna get him to put it all together. Thanks!

Here's a question about PC's;

Would it be cheaper to buy a really nice computer with all the amazing specs and whatnot right off the bat? Like Alienware or something? Or, would it be cheaper to get a pretty crappy somewhat older computer, replace the hard drive, video card, etc. If so, I got another question to ask, what are good specs for these different parts, what hard drive, video card, should I get? Can you replace the Processor? I'm not intuned at all when it comes to computers, but one of my friends has built computers before so I was just gonna get him to put it all together. Thanks!

Alienware is just a brand that makes very expensive PC's.

Most of them are not that good.

So the best way would be to buy all the components (ram, GPU, CPU, casing etc) and set them together by yourself.

Because buying a computer in a whole would be more expensive than buying it in pieces.

But let's stay on topic, and leave this thread to Skyrim information.

If you have more questions please post them in the hardware thread, or PM me.