Skyrim Information

Zaldir

It's very unlikely the game will ONLY be released for Steam, so calm down. Most games are released as DVD's you buy in stores or pre-order, while also offering the alternative to buy and download the game online, through a service such as Steam. Only indy-companies sometimes release Steam-only games, simply because they can't afford to release the game physically.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Fallout: New Vegas was "Steam-Required", meaning you can buy the Hardcover, but you need to activate it through Steam. That is what people are making a fuss about, not that it can only be bought through Steam, as that is already confirmed that it is not. (Since GameStop already has it out for pre-ordering)

Since I already have steam, that's not realy my concern. I only want a dang DVD to show to my grandchildren. :sleep:

Since I already have steam, that's not realy my concern. I only want a dang DVD to show to my grandchildren. :sleep:

Lol:

"Kids, this is a DVD"

"Whatever grandpa" *goes back to playing with holo-disks*

Anyways, I'll probably end up doing Steam anyways, just so it will be in my digital library FOREVA!

Anyways, I'll probably end up doing Steam anyways, just so it will be in my digital library FOREVA!

I will not take my chances just with that. What if sometime in the future, Steam goes bankrupt?:devil:(Now there's a word right there, I never remember using, at least not the English version of it)

Edited by Pushkatu

Why the hell are they removing spellmaking?

Congrats, Bethesda. You just ruined TES FOREVER!

It's very unlikely the game will ONLY be released for Steam, so calm down.

Essentially New Vegas is Steam ONLY and so will this game, because you have to have Steam, or otherwhise no play. Personally I don't mind having it but it pisses me off that it runs in the backround. I build my own computers specificly so I don't have to have stupid, useless software bundles installed against my will and running in the backround, reducing performace. Steam is just one more annoying thing I have to had because someone is too butthurt by pirates. :pirate:

Why the hell are they removing spellmaking?

Congrats, Bethesda. You just ruined TES FOREVER!

Stop being a drama queen. One feature missing hardly ruins the game. Or if it really does, you should never get the game, and never visit the Skyrim forums, because it's just ruined from now on for you, but you know you will. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

How can they ruin TES by removing a feature that has only been in half of the TES Games?? And if one quite small and exploitable feature like Spellmaking ruins the game for you, then the rest of the game gotta be real shitty in your eyes^^

Besides, we don't know for sure if Spellmaking is gone, as it's only been stated in the translations. :)