Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece.

So all clothes will be jumpsuits?...mk...

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15) Will boss fights involve interesting mechanics involved as opposed to just more health and hits harder?

Todd: We have many new combat behaviors in our AI that makes fights with certain enemies very dynamic and interesting. It matters what the enemy can do. Dragons, for example, can do lot of things from multiple shouts, bombing runs, picking guys up, and more. An enemy that has a sword and shield, a bow, magic spells, and potions will use all of those things, and those fights are the most interesting. But we also design some combat encounters where the player simply may get mobbed by more simple enemies, and those have a different pace and strategy.

This was my question I feel like I won something! Out of the thousands of questions they picked one of mine and I just realized they even included my typo.... thanks Bethesda..

Obviously no one bothered to read the next part;

The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece. This helps create armor styles that have the look we needed for Skyrim. In most of the Nordic designs we created, the upper armor would completely cover the lower armor, making it unnecessary. We get much better visual results combining those pieces, and it renders a lot faster too, so we can put more people on screen, so that was an easy tradeoff for us. We can also make a lot more armors now, so the number and variation types are more than we’ve ever had.

Sounds pretty good to me. More people on screen? Heck yes. MOAR ARMORS TAHN EVER BEFORE?!?! EVEN MOAR HECK YES!

Edited by jhardingame

So does this mean that you can't have a simple lumberjack shirt and a pair of legs to your liking, or is it only for armor? I just hope you will be able to switch shirt and pants with different ones. It would be really bad if every shirt was attached to specific legs. Edited by hejpadig

Honestly, I was fairly disappointed when the rumors and speculation were going around about the combined armor. After reading thousands of posts of arguments about it, I decided to jump in the back seat and trust Beth to do what they think is best. I'm sure they know that TES is all about personalization/customization, so I'm sure they have good reasons (like the one mentioned in the interview) for combining those parts.

Maybe they made greaves into something like leg guards and will allow you to wear pants or something underneath it.

Maybe they made greaves into something like leg guards and will allow you to wear pants or something underneath it.

That would be awesome! Like in Morrowind, where you could wear clothes underneath the armor.

And based on the screenshots, this might actually be the case, as in one screenshot, you see a shirt underneath the armor, while in another, it's no shirt there.