Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Do you guys think there will be barber saloons around the cities? I think it seems to be a really good idea. Considering I usually get really mad when I get bored of my haircut in Oblivion, and have to sort of cheat to change the hair. It'd be great if you were able to cut your beard etc in a barber saloon as well. Bethesda made it possible to chose your path in the game whenever you wanted to, basically because people got bored after a while playing wizard for instance, and wanted to change. If they ad barber saloons and such, there's basically no reason to change character.

Well, barbers were in Fallout 3 so I imagine they could be in Skyrim too.

If not then surely someone will mod them in.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/a-list-of-new-skyrim-details-is-finally-out/

Doodad. Why is it that all these magazines are getting different info? Is it translation errors or does Bethesda just think this is a good way of doing it?

I think it would be a good idea to just ignore those interviews and wait for Quakecon.

"Ice Trap freezes an enemy when he walks over trap - similar to WoW's Ice Trap"

"Detect Life allows player to detect life in his vicinity - most likely similar to tracking spells of hunter class in WoW"

This is very irritating, why are they comparing spells to WoW?

I assume they don't know Oblivion had detect life also...

I actually refrained from posting that article because of just that. Comparing TES to WoW is just.. bleh!

Not only is TES thousands of times better, but you also don't compare a RPG to a MMORPG! And when they have to compare things to one of the most "popular" games out there, it just shows their ignorance to do good reporting. again, bleh!

And on to some real stuff:

As for Dragon Shouts, you can alternatively acquire them via ancient wall text in some dungeons, though they shouldn't be needed to defeat a dragon. In the gameplay vids, it appears to be that offensive shouts just do big damage, so if you have patience, you could whittle their health down with mundane weaponry.

As I understand it, to be able to use dragon shouts, you first have to "acquire" the word(s) of the shout, then to use it, you first have to absorb the soul of a dragon, and spend this soul on a word. I may be wrong, but this is what it seems like.

They had to find a mainstream example, and aside from the playerbase and playstyle, spell in WoW are fine to compare to those in TES (Because they have many similarities). It's much more forgivable than say, Todd comparing TES to Call of Duty.

They had to find a mainstream example, and aside from the playerbase and playstyle, spell in WoW are fine to compare to those in TES (Because they have many similarities). It's much more forgivable than say, Todd comparing TES to Call of Duty.

Well yeah, that is, if Todd had ever compared TES to CoD, something he did not do.^^

They didn't have to find an example at all though... How hard is it to explain Ice Trap? :P

I thought it was called Frost Rune, not Ice Trap?I once read a preview that says runes are magical stones that non-magic-using characters can use to cast magic without being skilled in magic, that can't be right can it?In the E3 demo that aired on G4 you can clearly see him casting a frost rune spell that uses up his magicka.

As far as I could tell, all you need is the word to use the power, though I could be wrong on that. It seemed as though you expend the soul, gain a word. At least I hope that's how it works...

I love the spell rune function they've added and have been waiting to see it in action. I used the ones from Midas and set up all sorts of sticky situations for the badguys.

I'm not sure if Zal has told you guys, but it seems that we won't have a Live stream from QakeCon, and filming won't be allowed either.

Here is the quote from Gstaff:

If you want to see the presentation, I’d recommend attending the show. There’s no current plans to film the live presentation.

Sorry guys, there's no current plans for the QuakeCon presentation to be put online. It’ll likely be a no filming zone.

You can find the quotes here in the lower comments section.

I don't know why they don't want to show the game to their fans, but it's their decision...