Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The armor is obviously poly-reduced for performance...something modders can easily fix since the PC is capable of much higher poly count than a console. The face and head detail, however, is just all kinds of awesome. :thumbsup:

EDIT: ** Feels need to replace moon with a death star and sound effect whenever the cursor goes over the moon to say "I've got a bad feeling about this" and "that's no moon" **

The armor is obviously poly-reduced for performance...something modders can easily fix since the PC is capable of much higher poly count than a console. The face and head detail, however, is just all kinds of awesome. :thumbsup:

That makes sense especially what the modders can do with the game. You know how they say, "there's an app for that?" Well in The Elder Scrolls, if you don't like it there's probably a mod for that.

What? Fast travel costs money now?! That is a complete load of crap. What if I leave this cave on this one side of the map, inventory maxed out, and the nearest town is like...from Anvil to the Imperial City distance? I hope they change this because if I'm going to have to travel over mountains and down valleys carrying all this junk with me and I'm flat out broke, then the citizens of Skyrim will find themselves as new target practice.

@hejpadig: The only real thing I don't like about the Dark Elf is his face. He kind, sorta, looks like Mr. T. I don't know though....it's kinda growing on me. :teehee:

What? Fast travel costs money now?! That is a complete load of crap. What if I leave this cave on this one side of the map, inventory maxed out, and the nearest town is like...from Anvil to the Imperial City distance? I hope they change this because if I'm going to have to travel over mountains and down valleys carrying all this junk with me and I'm flat out broke, then the citizens of Skyrim will find themselves as new target practice.

Wasn't that how it was done in morrowind?

On a sidenote, has there been any information if the engine will support displacement maps?

Wasn't that how it was done in morrowind?

On a sidenote, has there been any information if the engine will support displacement maps?

Morrowind had Siltstriders, which only served specific cites and cost a pittance to use. They were very nice for purposefully getting yourself lost so you could explore. ALso there were boats (Slightly more expensive), and propylon system (Which only worked with certain items). Along with mage's guild teleports, mark/recall, divine intervention, and ALMSIVI intervention.

Ahh, I miss Morrowind now.

That's just to use the travel services. Regular fast travel doesn't cost money.

I have been told that all fast travel costs money now.

This comes from BootySweat on the Bethsoft forums, after sweeping through all the QuakeCon Articles and watching the QuakeCon gameplay video. I know from experience that BootySweat is trustworthy, and I take his word for it.

And ub3r, you're not alone, and reading your post made me miss it even more! ;D