Skyrim Information

Zaldir

What? Fast travel costs money now?! That is a complete load of crap. What if I leave this cave on this one side of the map, inventory maxed out, and the nearest town is like...from Anvil to the Imperial City distance? I hope they change this because if I'm going to have to travel over mountains and down valleys carrying all this junk with me and I'm flat out broke, then the citizens of Skyrim will find themselves as new target practice.

Wasn't that how it was done in morrowind?

On a sidenote, has there been any information if the engine will support displacement maps?

True, the Silt Striders costed some gold to travel from city to city. I think this system being back is wonderful.

Think: you could well have all the money in the world, and do fast travel all the time. However, if you're low, you'll have to walk on foot( or horse :D ) and explore on your own. That was one of the best things in Morrowind.

NPCs can throw rocks at you if they are on a bridge above you.

:ohmy: Imagine yourself walking on a river..

[Rock falls on your head] "OW! What the fu-?" [Looks up, bunch of kids throwing rocks at you]

[Pulls out bow and arrow] HEADSHOT!

Edited by MaxwellNinx

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to make it my mission to not use the 'in-menu' fast travel system during my first playthrough. I think it will definitely enrich the experience. (and possibly increase frustration)

I'm going to make it my mission to not use the 'in-menu' fast travel system during my first playthrough. I think it will definitely enrich the experience. (and possibly increase frustration)

From my experience in Oblivion this is definitely true. You will experience a far wider range of the world too.

What? Fast travel costs money now?! That is a complete load of crap. What if I leave this cave on this one side of the map, inventory maxed out, and the nearest town is like...from Anvil to the Imperial City distance? I hope they change this because if I'm going to have to travel over mountains and down valleys carrying all this junk with me and I'm flat out broke, then the citizens of Skyrim will find themselves as new target practice.

Wasn't that how it was done in morrowind?

On a sidenote, has there been any information if the engine will support displacement maps?

I never played Morrowind, so I wouldn't know.

I'm going to make it my mission to not use the 'in-menu' fast travel system during my first playthrough.

It will be interesting if I actually "finish" the main quest before getting lost in modding. I never finished Oblivion...however, I did load somebody's end-game save to see the end...however I have forgotten what I saw except for a big battering ram thingy.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198720_10150256300736404_131368351403_7609431_1192925_n.jpg

Eh this dark elf retired shortly after this pic was taken he now makes music for a living, the life of a rogue ... well you know the risks involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-VTCesxHg

I am officially obsessed with Skyrim.

Today in Ancient History, someone mentioned that Apollo killed a dragon, and in my head I thought, "they call him DOVAHKIIN!!!"

By the way, 6 factions minimum for the win :D

I wonder, will the Riverwood faction be like an enemy to the fighters guild?

At first, I was going to say that charging for the oblivion-style fast-travel was a stupid idea because where does the money go? You wouldn't be paying an NPC. I don't like the thought of my gold disappearing into oblivion (pun intended), and would much rather have it be somewhere physical (mainly so I can thieve it back :) ).

But now I'm actually thinking it's a good idea, at least at first when gold is tight. This will force people to explore, and physically travel. At least until you figure out a way to get a ridiculous amount of gold, at which point you will already be world-weary enough to have seen lots of little corners and crevices of the world.