Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I gotta ask: Why are Argonian and Khajit characters so popular?

Because they are the only original race in TES.

Humans are, you know, real.

Elves are humans with spiky ears.

Orcs are too widespread to be original.

But not only this, their looks and abilities are also great, also their lore.

I personally have never played a human/elf/orc character in any of the past TES games. Always Argonian or Khajiit.

Being a human, sometimes it's easier to relate. I'll try my best to play all the races at least once. Might get it all done ten years from now..

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found something that you guys might not like...

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Skyrim-Dicktits-600x3371.png

That sword he’s carrying is one I found halfway through my playthrough. It’s hard to tell by looking at it, but the sword is imbued with fire properties and has a chance on hit to light anything I strike on fire and subsequently cause burning damage.

source: http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/12/this-is-the-character-i-made-in-skyrim/

Any of you who were hoping for flaming swords may not get your wish. Better fire up the ol' Contruction Set...

I'm actually thankful that they removed those annoying effects that were in Oblivion.

And it's a sword enchanted with fire, not a fire sword. That would be the most logical explanation to why it has no fire effect.

I'm not against elemental effects on weapons, but against the stupid glow that Oblivion had.

Also, they said that when you find an enchanted weapon that you won't know with what it's enchanted until you try it out, making the whole process of finding expensive enchanted weapons more fun and satisfying.

Found something that you guys might not like...

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Skyrim-Dicktits-600x3371.png

That sword he’s carrying is one I found halfway through my playthrough. It’s hard to tell by looking at it, but the sword is imbued with fire properties and has a chance on hit to light anything I strike on fire and subsequently cause burning damage.

source: http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/12/this-is-the-character-i-made-in-skyrim/

Any of you who were hoping for flaming swords may not get your wish. Better fire up the ol' Contruction Set...

Would really be awesome if we could have different colored flames if they actually were in. Poisonous enchantments = Green color etc.

I'm actually thankful that they removed those annoying effects that were in Oblivion.

And it's a sword enchanted with fire, not a fire sword. That would be the most logical explanation to why it has no fire effect.

I'm not against elemental effects on weapons, but against the stupid glow that Oblivion had.

Also, they said that when you find an enchanted weapon that you won't know with what it's enchanted until you try it out, making the whole process of finding expensive enchanted weapons more fun and satisfying.

i loved the glow effects

i loved the glow effects

Everyone has got his opinion, but how the hell did you love those ugly colorful auras?

They weren't even glowing, they were only highlighting the weapon/armor. Which looked stupid in the dark.

Either way, I'm glad they're removed.

I'll probably get a fire effect enchantment mod anyway...

EDIT:

Here are 2 new hand's on's:

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329666/gamescom-2011-a-few-thoughts-from-bethesdas-latest-skyrim-demo - This one has good info about crafting and tanning and enchanting!

http://exophase.com/24285/gamescom-2011-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-impressions/ - I'm too lazy to read this one too!

Edited by Iv000

Would be fun if you found a weapon that healed your enemy, especialy so if you need to try it out yourself before being able to notice anything...

I hate Steam as well, but I knew months ago it was on Steam. Matt told me, well and Todd loves Steam. But still now the >2Gb option in the CFF Explorer has gone to waste. In other words if you have 12GB like me but Bethsoft won't allow a 64bit exe which they said already, now 12GB of RAM is going to be there for nothing. Now if I do get Open Cities for Skyrim it will lag a lot unless I get past the RAM limit. (I'm not saying Skyrim will be laggy at start I'm saying that once you get a lot of mods it will become laggy, that is depending on your computer. Still the RAM limit makes it harder for the FPS to be as good. I remember Todd saying that the RAM on the consoles has made open cities not possible but now it will be hard for PC users as well that want to get past Most of Steams RAM limitation.) Still I played G4WL Fallout 3. It was way less laggy than Steam's. Mainly because when I used CFF Explorer which increased my RAM usage on Fallout 3 and allowed for more mods. Plus FOSE automatically disables G4WL which results in better Steam. (Mods can as well.) Steam can't be disabled and it is annoying So Steam has many limitations many are not aware of. Still going to get Skyrim, Steam is not as friendly of a "platform" to mod as no DRM is of course. I knew Skyrim was Steam only months ago, but still this will not stop my love for Skyrim. Not canceling my CE Edition for this. :)