Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask because of the today´s update says the Swedish Gamereactor has info that we are not going to start as a prisoner.And I remember the interview where he said that was a tradition and we were going to start as prisoner.

As much as I like that they like to continue their tradition of prison breaks, I find it ruining the overall story of Skyrim as it is. It makes me feel like a criminal for no reason, I would have liked it if it was started somewhere else. There are plenty of other things that the people of Beth can put in Skyrim to be considered as tradition but prison breaks isn't one of them. Edited by brokenergy

As much as I like that they like to continue their tradition of prison breaks, I find it ruining the overall story of Skyrim as it is. It makes me feel like a criminal for no reason, I would have liked it if it was started somewhere else. There are plenty of other things that the people of Beth can put in Skyrim to be considered as tradition but prison breaks isn't one of them.

There are so many reasons why you might end up in prison, maybe you are not even guilty of anything, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time or even more than that, you were set up by somebody.

I believe starting at a prison without much of an explanation of why you are there is actually pretty good for roleplaying, you can invent your own background around that event.

No.. you don't understand why I don't like it. I find it a bad plot device to start a game, it doesn't mean that I wont get Skyrim. I just find it disappointing that they had to go this route. There are plenty of other ways to start a story besides prison breaks just as there are plenty of other things in the TES series that they can keep that could be considered tradition. The fact that they used tradition as an excuse doesn't really hold it for me.

Considering the game isn't out yet, a lot of things are already ruining it for you Broken... >.>

You don't even know what the story is. Just relax man and wait and see how it all plays out.

In case you forgot, every single TES story ends up the same, so I don't even need to second guess the story. Then again I never even played TES for the story.

In case you forgot, every single TES story ends up the same, so I don't even need to second guess the story. Then again I never even played TES for the story.

I wouldn't know, I've never finished a TES game. I just play them for their sandbox and modding abilities and run the side quests. I don't even know what happens after you meet Casius Cossades or save Martin... nor do I really care. Sounds like we have that in common hehe.

As long as the story doesn't begin, your a normal farm boy/girl, who just wants a normal life until your family is killed and you realize you are THE chosen one. Gods I f**** hate that plot... as someone who has had to live through many of the "tragic loss" plot devices in my real life, it's really not as cool as people make it out to be when your an orphan from a violent backround and have to make it on your own.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

Is it so strange that people have different opinions? :ohmy: Really the fact that I just found out how the story starts, really bad?

Edit: Fatalmasterpiece, it always ends up the same if you play from beginning to end. You are the CHOSEN ONE that you fear so much, this is no different from the farm-boy/girl example that you started with.

Edited by brokenergy

Yeah but unlike games like Dragon age or what have you, there's plenty of play time without ever having to realize becoming the chosen one. You can just take over the guilds, raid dungeons, complete quests, explore etc. So you don't HAVE to be the chosen one. None of my characters ever were.

The prison makes sense because it's perfectly permissible that any character could spend a brief stint in jail without it derailing their character's theme.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece