Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I guess that makes sense, you know, with the claws, but if you can still do damage through hand-to-hand then how are non-lethal tavern brawls possible? Did they just lower everyone's confidence scores so they run away instead of always fighting to the death?

Maybe script effects when a tavern brawl starts, that keeps both people alive?

yeah, easy, script it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this article, it deals with how Bethesda handles bugs in Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5834914/the-skyrim-team-has-a-better-plan-for-squashing-bugs-this-time

I hope they don't try to fix the bugs until after release because of this new system, can't get decent internet on the console where I live, and my PC sucks too much to run Skyrim.

pete hines = please do me a favor and try not to be ignorant =) best post of the day. haha. thanks for the orc vamp pic. did you just have one of those profiles already saved or did you make one specially for me? lol or you prob just browsed it online i'm guessing lol

http://kotaku.com/5834914/the-skyrim-team-has-a-better-plan-for-squashing-bugs-this-time

I hope they don't try to fix the bugs until after release because of this new system, can't get decent internet on the console where I live, and my PC sucks too much to run Skyrim.

If they do this intelligently (not guaranteed) for what it's meant to be used for each fix should only be a few bytes in size. Not like you'll have to download 100 MB in new meshes and textures every day.

But one thing I find ridiculous about this: What about mods? There's no way to know exactly how the system has changed, but judging how sensitive Oblivion was to conflicts... Mods may quickly become unusable due to this system and have to be updated constantly to take the new fixes into account. Smaller tweaks or less popular mods probably won't get this level of attention and die off. If the conflicts are too bad it may make modding a hell of a lot more work than it should be, which is not something that potential modders will find encouraging.

If they do this intelligently (not guaranteed) for what it's meant to be used for each fix should only be a few bytes in size. Not like you'll have to download 100 MB in new meshes and textures every day.

If you don't have decent internet and you're playing on the console that means you can't use the internet on the console, only broadband will work, which isn't available in a 25-mile radius where I live.I found this in the article though "They are also running new and better processes to catch bugs before the game launches.", which I certainly hope is true, I don't want them to go with a release-it-then-fix-it mentality and end up like New Vegas, it will be impossible for me to update the game, only dial-up and satellite internet is available where I live.

Edited by Corakus

I feel your pain, but at least it's a single player game so you can play it without patches if necessary. Unlike certain multiplayer titles that release 100MB+ patches consisting only of stupid new promotional items every couple of days...

I feel your pain, but at least it's a single player game so you can play it without patches if necessary. Unlike certain multiplayer titles that release 100MB+ patches consisting only of stupid new promotional items every couple of days...

That's true, I can't even play MMO's, ****ing satellite's limited bandwidth.At any rate I do think I can expect more polish from Bethesda than from Obsidian.

I want to ask pete hines something. But I don't have twitter so I can't do this. So could someone please ask him these questions for me?

Will the creation kit will have a region editor or simmilar tool, like Oblivions?

And will we be able to import heightmaps for our custom worldspaces?

If someone could take the time to do this for me it would be much appreciated, and of course you will receive kudos. :)