Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I just noticed rain is probably a scene space effect. As in if you sweep the camera really fast the rain follows it, rather than a world space effect/system, which if you sweep the camera the rain won't track with the camera motion and fall independent to it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Was already

2: Yay :D

3: They showed them in the music of skyrim interview already

But thanks for the new vid :3 *watches it happily*

1. It was only said that there are vampires. Not becoming one. Yes, Pete Hines got asked but he only said there are Vampires he never said you can become one.

1. It was only said that there are vampires. Not becoming one. Yes, Pete Hines got asked but he only said there are Vampires he never said you can become one.

Did you read what he was asked? .. The person very clearly asked if you could become one "Will the player be able to become a Vampire/Werewolf in Skyrim? Or possibly something new?" and pete responded "Yes, the recent preview in RipTen confirmed Vampires. Now everyone please stop asking. :-)" .. I thought it was pretty set in stone

Edited by jedimembrain

I just noticed rain is probably a scene space effect. As in if you sweep the camera really fast the rain follows it, rather than a world space effect/system, which if you sweep the camera the rain won't track with the camera motion and fall independent to it.

Makes sense, it's much cheaper computationally to just have it as an overlay. So long as rain doesn't still fall through solid surfaces, though, I'm happy. (I mean, Minecraft does it...)

New Interview here:

100% confirms that the player can become a vampire.

Your spouses cook you a meal every day!

Dwemer Centurions are back!

Comments:

[When asked about romance] "You put on a little amulet that shows you're interested and it's just a little bonus." ...What?

He wasn't terribly clear on this, but it also sounds like you can sell stolen goods to people other than Thieves' Guild fences. You just can't sell it within the same district that you stole it from: So if you steal something from someone in Winterhold, you'll have to go to Solitude to sell it off or something.

Comments:[When asked about romance] "You put on a little amulet that shows you're interested and it's just a little bonus." ...What?
Guess the guys and gals like bling.

"Who are you? No amulet no love! Shove off sailor"

Did you read what he was asked? .. The person very clearly asked if you could become one "Will the player be able to become a Vampire/Werewolf in Skyrim? Or possibly something new?" and pete responded "Yes, the recent preview in RipTen confirmed Vampires. Now everyone please stop asking. :-)" .. I thought it was pretty set in stone

As you put down he said confirmed Vampires. He did say yes but it was tied to confirmation of if there is vampires. Not if you can become one. Still they speak in riddles. That but itself was not a confirmation. Just like We aren't talking about that yet, its a riddle to assume it is there. hope you see what I mean. If he just said Yes, then that is confirmation. But tied in with everything else about RipTen confirming Vampires is not becoming one. Heck Dave didn't know so that with what else he said isn't confirmation. English is weird just wording one thing different means it could be not at all the same.

There is a lot of little tid bits in this interview.. its hard to pin point whats all new .. he gave a lot more detail on the vampires .. needing to suck blood .. he talked about the marriage aspect .. not quiet as dismissive about it as Alcrin put it .. I had to replay it .. his wording was more along the lines of trying not to make a big thing and scare off the players not interested in it than simply calling it "a little bonus" .. he also said "kinda just a little" hehe .. the amulet sounds odd though .. I wonder how that will play out? maybe when your wearing it everyone in the game who likes you starts to come onto you when you wear it?

There is a lot of little tid bits in this interview.. its hard to pin point whats all new .. he gave a lot more detail on the vampires .. needing to suck blood .. he talked about the marriage aspect .. not quiet as dismissive about it as Alcrin put it .. I had to replay it .. his wording was more along the lines of trying not to make a big thing and scare off the players not interested in it than simply calling it "a little bonus" .. he also said "kinda just a little" hehe .. the amulet sounds odd though .. I wonder how that will play out? maybe when your wearing it everyone in the game who likes you starts to come onto you when you wear it?

Maybe they have amulets instead of rings for Marriage, eh?