Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The only good thing about prison starts is the fact you can 'customize' your character even more - with the fill-in-the-blank past. Starting prisoner is getting a little repetitive, I would have liked being a wounded warrior in rehab.

Seeing how you are 'saved from execution,' prisoner start may be a different twist, like you are a blade being killed kind of thing. Morrowind you were like a prisoner getting probation and serving the emperors spies, while Oblivion was kind of like breaking out and getting pardoned for it!?!

I would really like to see some repercussions from pre-prison life come to bite you in the rear during your adventure in Skyrim.

Maybe you had a friend who, one day, had an idea that would end in tons of money. You were reluctant but, seeing as how you have fought side by side with this man, you invest yourself in his idea. As you are pulling off the heist (which could be anything ranging from raiding a preserved dwemer mine to stealing from a former blade member) you are found out. As you are running away, your friend, in all his greediness, attempts to snatch one last gold amulet. In doing so the pursuer was able to get his broadsword lodged in your friend's leg, right above the knee. You wish you could do something but you know that any hesitation could swiftly end your life. As you're leaping over obstacles and knocking over anything to stop your follower, a thick wooden club meets your forehead, and everything is black. You wake up in prison, you see no familiar faces, no trace of your attackers, and no trace of your friend. Next thing you know, 4 years have passed and the Elder Scrolls V begins.

Much further into the game, you are perusing around town and see a vaguely familiar face. It is a dirty Khajiit missing fur in several places, nearly no clothing, and a missing leg, cut right above the knee.

This could lead into an interesting quest and a little backstory as to who you are, rather than just an anonymous prisoner.

I don't know...

That's what I would do.

That is an excellent point!

Morrowind made complete sense (to me). Oblivion was like 'why and how is that possible.' Skyrim, along with what you mentioned, would top the cake if it implemented something along that line. Nevertheless, I doubt its going to take place. That is what mods are for, and I think that's what Beth is wanting.

Speaking of Beth and Skyrim, is there any new info on the game?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my dear God.....I AM SO GONNA PRETEND THAT IM THAT GUY FROM 300! :D I will get a shield and a spear...(If there is one ^^) And just like " Splat!!! " """ Shield Bash """ Aghhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Sorry for a little spam i am so excited ><><>< when i heard of dual wielding too ...I think i got a fever...I still cough when i see this post O.o...:D

Zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg!!!!!!!!! xD

You can do a lot of shield bashing in DA2 as well...

But when you do it in TES V!!! ZOMGFSGAGHAGFHASf xD

you play bioware games only play to see what happens next in the story.

Yes that's why I play BioWare games, not why I play Beth games.

you should just start reading books and renting movies then. you'll save money and you wont have to deal with that awful bioware gameplay or the day 1 DLCs (ripoff). saying skyrim wont be a complete package game because you cant travel outside of skyrim. well then every game isnt complete package then... GTA cant go inside every building and red dead redemption same, DA doesnt have a real game world just locations on the map. etc...

Edited by hector530

LordWushin: Sure I'll get Skyrim someday (just not of release) but it won't be because of story. Will they replicate the atmosphere of Morrowind that remains to be seen but if it ends up like Oblivion then I'll be really annoyed.

*sigh* then why are you commenting on this thread over and over again? if you're not interested in Skyrim, don't stick around just to throw cold water on our excitement about the game. I have a lot more I could say but I'm too frustrated and I don't want to start any more fights/disagreements/flaming.

I'm happy about the game and how much work Bethesda has put into it, I'm not happy about the whole Steam debacle but since I'm going to have to build a new computer to run this game anyway, I suppose I can make hardware allowances for it >.< Now I wonder.... will I be able to get Skyrim to run on Linux...>.>