Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I read was you can create any armor in the game with the right materials and the right perks in the smithing skill.

That would mean that there are armors like "Leather armor", "Leather armor with pauldron" etc.

On a side note, there are 2 levels for all materials in the smithing perk tree. So say you had level 2 steel... perhaps that is where your steel with and without pauldrons comes into the system.

which would mean there is a 2 level sub tier system.

Edited by Ghogiel

The dirt option is probably for NPCs, beggars and the such: Only included for players to be complete. Then again, how many people actually wanted Oblivion's asymmetry sliders to make a character with?

YES! Beggar class here I come.

All I read was you can create any armor in the game with the right materials and the right perks in the smithing skill.

That would mean that there are armors like "Leather armor", "Leather armor with pauldron" etc.

On a side note, there are 2 levels for all materials in the smithing perk tree. So say you had level 2 steel... perhaps that is where your steel with and without pauldrons comes into the system.

which would mean there is a 2 level sub tier system.

Where this info? ... I never saw the two levels :o

actually rereading that... it might not have 2 levels in the same sense I initially thought... http://nerdtrek.com/skyrim-answers-bethesda/

it might mean something else about improving the armor. But I was under the impression that upgrades were skill based. but perhaps with that perk it makes it twice as good when you craft it, but that could still be the tier system we are speculating about. so the twice as good armor looks different..?

Edited by Ghogiel

complexion slider on the face will likely be normal map related .. not skin tone .. that will likely be on the body sliders .. for the argonian complexion would be like .. color patterns .. then the khajiit would be fur patterns .. then the color of the patterns would be in the body menu as skin tone .. I'm just guess but its clear they give you control of the normal maps on the face of the humans .. it might just be an age slider though .. the deeper brows cant be explained by age or shape .. clearly a normal map slider of sorts .. so.. thats my theory behind that layout