Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is blocking whilst duel wielding still out?

It will stay out due to the button mechanics.

Honestly it was caused by beth wanting to appeal to console gamers imo.

Hopefully we will have somesort of dodge button then.

Hope so.

If not, I am sure there will be a ton of block mods and such a bit after release.

Smaller mods like blocking while dual weilding will probably be created very quickly, considering Skyrim itself will lack the need for many gameplay changing mods. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but Skyrim certainly won't need as much improvement as Oblivion did.

Can't wait until the huge dungeon mods come out ^_^.

I still couldn't find the OXM screens, though I found a screen of the local map:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/125/G012566/20110916012/SS/008.jpg

Also, what do you people think of this:

the player stumbled across a temple, and Todd explains to the player that it's "the Shrine of Talos, one of nine such worship areas that can be activated." he then explores a little further and spots "2 bloodied corpses lying beneath a statue of a menacing dude gutting a serpent."

A "dude" gutting a serpent and beneath are two bloody corpses, whose statue is that?

Edited by Iv000

Hope so.

If not, I am sure there will be a ton of block mods and such a bit after release.

Okay .. I for one was under the impression that blocking under dual welding was in but blocking under single sword was out .. and I was just proven wrong on that... I would say that most of this info on combat and blocking is simply un proven and or yet to be seen .. lets wait before making calls on this.

Hope so.

Okay .. I for one was under the impression that blocking under dual welding was in but blocking under single sword was out .. and I was just proven wrong on that... I would say that most of this info on combat and blocking is simply un proven and or yet to be seen .. lets wait before making calls on this.

You can't block while duel wielding weapons because the console version makes the left trigger attack with the left hand, and the right trigger attack with the right hand. There is no block button for that to my knowledge.

Edited by marharth

Hope so.

You can't block while duel wielding weapons because the console version makes the left trigger attack with the left hand, and the right trigger attack with the right hand. There is no block button for that to my knowledge.

So the person is the resent demo had nothing in their left hand when playing? .. you dont know .. your assuming like I was before.