Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell the only place it's getting hyped is places like this: On the general gaming boards not populated by people who are already staunch TES fans, the general consensus is that Bethesda is the most horrible game developer ever and Skyrim will burn kittens alive.

the general consensus is that Bethesda is the most horrible game developer ever and Skyrim will burn kittens alive.

o_O

Good thing I'm not much for the general consensus.......

The complaints I've seen though come in 2 flavors: "It'll be really buggy,"* and "It's not doing X thing my favorite other game series is doing so it automatically sucks."**

*It's a complaint that's valid and probably true, but the bugs in Oblivion and Fallout weren't bad enough to make the game unplayable like they think Skyrim will be.

**This mostly consists of stuff like "The combat's not as deep as it is in purely combat-centric games" and "No dynamic shadows."

I'm going to have to disagree, I've been to several other websites not related to TES or Bethesda, and if Skyrim gets mentioned most people, while not really nerding out like we are, seem to be looking forward to it. I see comments like, "Man, that game looks pretty kickass" and "Can't wait for Skyrim, looks better than Oblivion."

its really not that popular .. like I said "on the net" and even then only in certain forums .. most gamers are into two major things .. shooting .. and multiplayer .. add to that the amount of shooter fans who purchased fallout due to the hype only to sell it a week later and you end up with a TON of the gamer comunity hating bethesda .. not us of course .. but most .. and critics seem to love bethesda too .. its just the culture of gaming in this day and age is focused on muliplayer and flawless bug free simple games that replicate each other's formulas... its breeding these types of gamers who concider themselves "hardcore" but they only want the same game over and over again.