Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you guys reckon the tutorial of the game will be similar to Oblivion? Which basically taught you all of the skills and made you try them out as well.

I don't see why they'd make you try out skills; it's not like you're going to be forced to stick with the same major and minor skills anymore. I think it'll just be a fight to get you used to combat and then some exposition-ish stuff.

aside from a couple pieces of info coming with the achievments I could care less .. why on earth people work so hard to get a little popup on screen is beyond me ~_~;

Personally I think it's a nice thing. You just completed your first dungeon for instance. And after the final duel in the dark, feeling exhausted and proud with yourself, you will also receive a message greeting you on your achievement. I think it's nice and welcoming, and will make it less lonely. :thumbsup:

aside from a couple pieces of info coming with the achievments I could care less .. why on earth people work so hard to get a little popup on screen is beyond me ~_~;

Personally I think it's a nice thing. You just completed your first dungeon for instance. And after the final duel in the dark, feeling exhausted and proud with yourself, you will also receive a message greeting you on your achievement. I think it's nice and welcoming, and will make it less lonely. :thumbsup:

Plus it gives you some interesting things to try, such as joining the dark brotherhood in Skyrim. Though I wish there were more interesting achievements.

Just the sense of accomplishment. The thought that your not the only one who thinks doing that MEANS something. That's why achievements are so meaningful to people.

And bragging to people...

As Skyrim will also be for "Games for Windows" I believe we should see achievements. And the steam-related requirement, I'm thinking we will see steam achievements as well.

The interesting achievements are the ones that require you to break your mindset of what the game is and be really creative in order to pull off. A classic example is pacifist runs in shooters: Can you get through a game that's all about killing things without ever hurting anyone? Some of the OCDs in World of Goo also apply here: In order to get that score, you'll have to do it in a very non-obvious way that requires a deep understanding of how the game's mechanics really fit together. Achievements like that cause you to question and peer deeper into what makes the game tick. If you've played Half-Life 2, then remember the "Little Rocket Man" achievement to see what I mean.

These achievements, though, are s***. "Complete the tutorial." "Complete the game." "Collect 100,000 Gold." They're just there for the sake of HAVING achievements.

I never thought achievements were worth anything, but I think the only game I ever actually tried to get them was Dragon Age Origins. I suppose I tried DA2 as well as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but it was always for fun. Achievements are designed to challenge yourself towards a goal (fun as well), but here in the Skyrim ones there's no effort because whether you want to or not you end up getting the achievements b/c they are like you said part of a quest (that you probably have to do anyways) and getting XXX amount of gold.....

So.........to lighten things up 37 days? :sweat: