Skyrim Information

Zaldir

All you know "recommend" doesn't = 60fps at highest spec most of the time it's mid setting at 30 fps

ahh.. the old framerate argument .. 60fps may ensure that when lag hits it wont stutter at all .. but that just means when lag is hitting its not dropping below 25-35 fps .. if a game has steady fps then 35 is more than enough .. the human eye only sees 30 fps .. TVs are only 25 fps

Most movies are between 25-35 fps cause they know the human eye cant detect more than that .. but movies dont have lag of course .. still .. that 60fps some people claim they need is mostly bull .. its only going to help during the worst of the worst lag moments.

*ahem*

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are you getting your fps though? .. are you looking at the fraps average or the fraps realtime estimate or the fraps lowest and highest? .. you need to look at the lowest to find the real fps .. also the realtime fps .. take note of the lag too .. and yes its a fact that the human eye cant see more than 30fps .. its all about how you record the fps rates .. you might be looking at a wavy fps going from 15-40 and thinking its a 35 just because thats the average

All you know "recommend" doesn't = 60fps at highest spec most of the time it's mid setting at 30 fps

ahh.. the old framerate argument .. 60fps may ensure that when lag hits it wont stutter at all .. but that just means when lag is hitting its not dropping below 25-35 fps .. if a game has steady fps then 35 is more than enough .. the human eye only sees 30 fps .. TVs are only 25 fps

Most movies are between 25-35 fps cause they know the human eye cant detect more than that .. but movies dont have lag of course .. still .. that 60fps some people claim they need is mostly bull .. its only going to help during the worst of the worst lag moments.

*ahem*

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

I see minor differences when the cube spins fast .. but to call that night in day is a little obsessive..

how are you getting your fps though? .. are you looking at the fraps average or the fraps realtime estimate or the fraps lowest and highest? .. you need to look at the lowest to find the real fps .. also the realtime fps .. take note of the lag too .. and yes its a fact that the human eye cant see more than 30fps .. its all about how you record the fps rates .. you might be looking at a wavy fps going from 15-40 and thinking its a 35 just because thats the average

My (human eye) can see 32 1/2 fps but that's because my nerd racial ability is called geeked out allowing me to see

More fps and sit in front of a computer for long amounts of time with out cramps or weight gain. And I have a 50% increase resist carpatunnel syndrome with a 50% decrease to spelling and 50% decrease to social life gain

Edited by crippledorphan

another thing to keep in mind is motion blur .. the eye layers images it sees so when your loking at something moving fast but not focusing on it you will see a minor trail .. its hard to notice unless you look at a light bulb for a moment then close your eyes .. you can still see it right? .. thats your mind layering the images .. videogames dont do this at all without motion blur .. making fast movments appear a lot more choppy .. a game with motion blur will look much smoother "or much blurrier depending on the type of motion blur it uses"

I never use fraps unless I'm benchmarking. It's not a fact that human eye limit is 30fps, the diffence between 30 vs 60 very clear to me. Movement is much more fluid in 60. If 60fps was unnoticeable developers wouldn't try so hard to get their games running that magic number also most if not all new tvs run at 60hz or close to it.

I never use fraps unless I'm benchmarking. It's not a fact that human eye limit is 30fps, the diffence between 30 vs 60 very clear to me. Movement is much more fluid in 60. If 60fps was unnoticeable developers wouldn't try so hard to get their games running that magic number also most if not all new tvs run at 60hz or close to it.

60hz has nothing to do with 60fps ~_~; ... at 60hz you could get 200fps or more .. meh .. I dont feel like explaining this anymore .. its a mixture of a lot of things .. the human eye cant see past 30-35fps in studies done on the matter .. but that is with other things being taken into concideration .. motion speed .. motion blur .. lighting .. all of which effect the visuals of the fps.. 30 is an average human eye .. and its not even about your eyes its in your head .. its how your brain sees the images.. but really .. a game fps is not an exact science .. there are many more factors.

has anyone had a dream about skyrim yet? i had a dream i was actually playing the game the other night.. i opened it out of it's box and i was playing it.. in the dream is felt so awesome to play it.. :D but it took awhile to get use to using both left hands and right hands on the controllers. hmm weird huh?

has anyone had a dream about skyrim yet? i had a dream i was actually playing the game the other night.. i opened it out of it's box and i was playing it.. in the dream is felt so awesome to play it.. :D but it took awhile to get use to using both left hands and right hands on the controllers. hmm weird huh?

Yea .. someone made a thread on this too .. I just had a dream last night myself .. I was playing a stealth dual weilding assassin .. and the stealth combat was great .. sneaking through shadows .. taking out an enemy .. running into another dark corner as their friends came running over .. then taking them out with fun finishing moves ^_^