Skyrim Information

Zaldir

It would be cool if dynamic "rain" meant that puddles would accumulate in hole low laying areas, rivers would swell, rain would run of roof tops that would be pretty neat

I work with CGI animation programs and I do quite a bit of work with particle systems and to do what you describe would be very computationally demanding - but I suppose a GTX260 running as a physX card might make such a thing manageable.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a similar system for that in the game Stalker: Clear Sky. Whenever it started to rain, the ground and buildings around you would turn shiny and you could see the rain stream down walls, while also characters would look wet. When it stopped raining, the effect would discretely disappear again. Seems though this was a DX10-feature. But would be very cool in Skyrim to match the snow-system!

Shows around 1.31.

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Suddenly notices something AWESOME :U ... You can watch the travel system as it happens I think :D .. look at the background monitor to the left .. See? .. its from behind a carriage .. you can see the driver in front of you :geek:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6233/6221087561_b86b62186d_o.jpg

Suddenly notices something AWESOME :U ... You can watch the travel system as it happens I think :D .. look at the background monitor to the left .. See? .. its from behind a carriage .. you can see the driver in front of you :geek:

I believe that's just part of the beginning of the game cause both tv's are showing the same thing at the same time...coincidence?

maybe .. they finished 20 seconds apart from each other too .. blast .. your probably right though :wallbash: .. the skyrim logo in the center ... still neat .. and still a sign there might be realtime animations of the buggy system :ermm:

maybe .. they finished 20 seconds apart from each other too .. blast .. your probably right though :wallbash: .. the skyrim logo in the center ... still neat .. and still a sign there might be realtime animations of the buggy system :ermm:

would be an amazing animation...make it a bit less immersion breaking. you could do that on Red Dead Redemption so why not on a ever bigger and better game