Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only contender I see in the immediate future is Diablo 3 (supposedly early next year, IIRC), which is kinda iffy, since it's a Hack and Slash game, not really an RPG in the Elder Scrolls sense.

Blizzard aren't exactly famous for delivering their games on time, remember how long Starcraft III was stuck in Development hell? the original Diablo and Diablo 2 games were linear to the point of tedium, after the first play through there wasn't much else that could have been done differently. I wouldn't compare Diablo to any of the TES games, basically it's like comparing Quake to Tetris.

I'm not sure where this would go, and I have not seen it on the forums yet. If it is, I'm sorry!

Todd Howard talks about a strange moment with his in game wife and radiant AI. Sounds like a funny bug.

here

My concern is that it might undersell.

Oblivion released on 20-03-2006 and 21 days later on 20-04-2011 according to this article it had sold 1.7 million copies. A conservative estimate assumes Bethesda get 10% of the sale price (which would equate to between £3 and £6 depending on platform including collectors editions) that's still probably around £5,000,000 in the bank (or the equivalent in toy money) - in less than a month. Skyrim will almost certainly sell more.

I'm not sure where this would go, and I have not seen it on the forums yet. If it is, I'm sorry!

Todd Howard talks about a strange moment with his in game wife and radiant AI. Sounds like a funny bug.

here

okay now that is funny. And why did Todd be such a prude about it? He could have joined in...I would have :devil:

Edited by shadow_scale9180

The only contender I see in the immediate future is Diablo 3 (supposedly early next year, IIRC), which is kinda iffy, since it's a Hack and Slash game, not really an RPG in the Elder Scrolls sense.

Blizzard aren't exactly famous for delivering their games on time, remember how long Starcraft III was stuck in Development hell? the original Diablo and Diablo 2 games were linear to the point of tedium, after the first play through there wasn't much else that could have been done differently. I wouldn't compare Diablo to any of the TES games, basically it's like comparing Quake to Tetris.

Yeah, but it's still "fantasy", thus being in a closer area of competition than MW3 and BF3, though I did indeed call the comparison iffy for said reason. I quite like the Diablo games for what they are: A dungeoncrawl hack 'n slash. As for releases, who knows? The beta is well underway, which is why I'm reasonably certain that it'll make it out when they say so. The Starcraft beta, on the other hand, had to be done over and over and over again due to balancing issues and so on. Balancing a hack and slash game is somewhat easier than an 8 player RTS game with 3 races, multiple units and build orders. Anyone who knows how multiplayer in SC works, knows that it's all about clicking hundreds of times per minute and micromanaging everything in ridiculous degrees: Thus it matters a hell of a lot whether a unit has 5 more HP or not, whether they cost 2 more minerals or not and so on. Diablo has a few slight PvP concerns but the monsters won't complain if they take 10 damage more or less ;)

As for Skyrim, that infidelity thing was hilarious! :D

Though if that happens to me, I hope they won't look for her beneath the newly made flower bed in the backyard :whistling:

Edited by Zinro