Skyrim Information

Zaldir

A certain thought occurred to me when I had a mid-day nap. (lol) If I clean my computer completely will my saves be connected to my Steam account? And if I log onto my Steam account at a friends' will there be my saves or his saves?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A certain thought occurred to me when I had a mid-day nap. (lol) If I clean my computer completely will my saves be connected to my Steam account? And if I log onto my Steam account at a friends' will there be my saves or his saves?

There is a setting that enables that. I have never tried it myself, but I think it should work.

Right click on the game and select properties, go to Updates and tick the box "Enable Steam cloud synchronization".

Your save files for this game should be bound with your account now.

There is a setting that enables that. I have never tried it myself, but I think it should work.

Right click on the game and select properties, go to Updates and tick the box "Enable Steam cloud synchronization".

Your save files for this game should be bound with your account now.

Hehey, gonna check that ou!

steam has a lot of great features and is a fantastic tool when your wanting a new game but don't want to spend a lot and dont know what your looking for .. Just to bad so many people have it out for them because of their anti pirating steps .. even if they are minor.

Steam works that way with online games (like CoD) but I'm not sure if it works with offline games like that. I mean I remember CoD singleplayer didn't kept my progress when I played from my brother's computer in a different town in a different computer. And of course I was logged in online not offline which you can do by the way. Just make a profile and then just keep Steam on offline mode (you won't even need internet). I don't know why people are complaining you only need internet to activate the game just for a couple of minutes and then you can just switch to offline mode where you don't need internet

Steam works that way with online games (like CoD) but I'm not sure if it works with offline games like that. I mean I remember CoD singleplayer didn't kept my progress when I played from my brother's computer in a different town in a different computer. And of course I was logged in online not offline which you can do by the way. Just make a profile and then just keep Steam on offline mode (you won't even need internet). I don't know why people are complaining you only need internet to activate the game just for a couple of minutes and then you can just switch to offline mode where you don't need internet

Any game using the "Steam Cloud" service should store your game saves (and sometimes settings and other information) on Steam.

Nevertheless, you should be forewarned, enabling the Steam Cloud is known to cause issues and conflicts with certain mods in games such as Fallout New Vegas. This is why I keep it disabled in my setup.

Well if it doesn't run at least we can always take out AA and AF from the settings, see how it runs and then even decrease the resolution a bit or the textures instead. The important is that we get to play it right? Any computer that can run a game like Oblivion definitely will be able to run Skyrim even with graphics set to low. I mean xbox/ps3 can run both games so if your computer can run one game that runs on xbox/ps3 then it will be able to run Skyrim too or any game that comes out for these consoles. The companies usually develop the game so consoles can run it.

It's more of a matter about drivers and the games support for old hardware, rather than how the hardware itself performs. That is two completely different worlds if you compare consoles with PC's, even if they would have the same hardware inside. Since it's quite a huge process for developers to optimize and have their games working correctly for the endless range of possible pc-configurations, they have to set a limit somewhere, usually 3-4 generations back. But that doesnt mean you cant boot the game with even older hardware, just that it's not officially supported.

Graphic cards are more of a limit than CPU's in this matter, as games often have certain demands on supported shaders, DirectX-version and driver-related support.

Edited by Mr. Bravo

ehy guys i'm having a bit of a problem...

I just check Can You Run It to see if my pc will be able to handle Skyrim on Ultra settings, however the program says that I reach only the minimum requirements because my GPU has only 735.2 MB of ram instead of 1 GB... but i have 2x ATI HD 6790 CrossfireX, how is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

I just check Can You Run It to see if my pc will be able to handle Skyrim on Ultra settings, however the program says that I reach only the minimum requirements because my GPU has only 735.2 MB of ram instead of 1 GB... but i have 2x ATI HD 6790 CrossfireX, how is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Don't trust it on that alone .. vram isn't THAT important .. its not going to stop you from playing it or anything :P .. Wait until the game is out and try it for yourself before going out and spending money on anything new just because canIrunIt thinks you cant .. It says I'll only run it at mid range settings .. But I'm willing to bet I'll get it running on max without AA at at least 30fps

Edited by jedimembrain

Thanks in advance.

Can You Run It, is unreliable.

If you really want to try out a similar site, try this one:

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10496/

It's quite precise.