Skyrim Information

Zaldir

So when you use Shout #1, can you use Shout #2 right away or do all shouts reset after you use one?

im pretty sure its a universal cooldown with certain shouts causing a greater cooldown

Each shout has 3 cool downs - one each for if you use 1, 2 or 3 words... there may also be a universal cooldown but I do not think so since interviews with Todd Howard indicate that our Dovahkiins will need to use significant resources to kill dragons. I think a universal cooldown on top of the individual shout cooldowns would hamper our use of a needed power.:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Shouts

i would say it would be a shared cooldown, and the three different cooldowns are just by length depending on how powerful a shout you used (1-3 words)

why would they make them not share cooldown? "spam" shout attacks much? seriously, that is completely broken if you can BOOM! knockback shout, BOOM frozen shout, BOOM! LIGHTNING STORM!!

...overkill...

if no shared cooldown is how they made it tho, >.>

sounds like an exploit to me.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that once you use a shout, you must wait for the cooldown to be up before you use any shouts, including the one you have active, regardless of level. Could be wrong, but I assume that's how it works.

I'm not sure if anyone read my post, but werewolves were the "spoiler" that I mentioned being excited for however many pages back.

Important stuff: Next Friday people. We have about a friggin week before we get to even hold our game boxes in our very hands. After taking a peak at some of the skill tree info, I've got so many builds that I want to try now!

They could have two cooldown timers for the shouts.

1- individual shout cooldown which is dependent on the power of that shout. For example you cast a three word shout and would have to wait 'x' seconds to recast.

2 - general shout cooldown. 'y' time required before any shout can be cast.

So you could cast a three word shout and then would have to either wait x seconds to recast the same shout or wait y seconds to cast a different shout. Not sure if that would be overpowered or not but seems reasonable. Similar implimantation to WOW I believe.

[EDIT] OOPs thats pretty much exactly what AnnieFrell said

Each shout has 3 cool downs - one each for if you use 1' date=' 2 or 3 words... there may also be a universal cooldown but I do not think so since interviews with Todd Howard indicate that our Dovahkiins will need to use significant resources to kill dragons. I think a universal cooldown on top of the individual shout cooldowns would hamper our use of a needed power.:[/quote']
Edited by Morilibus

and to all the players that argued with me a few weeks ago about werewolves i feel REDEEMED. I can think of about 5 members that regularly come on think i was crazy for telling them that they are crazy. But in the end my faith and COMMON SENSE prevailed. Thank you Bethesda for trying to keep some secrets...

I was curious about a certain perk in the restoration tree...

There's a perk that says, "Wards recharge your magicka when hit with spells." What are these wards they're talking about? Also, restoration totally works for clerics and paladins now, which I'm thrilled about.

There's a perk that says, "Wards recharge your magicka when hit with spells." What are these wards they're talking about? Also, restoration totally works for clerics and paladins now, which I'm thrilled about.

There are ward type spells that increase your armor, but also absorb spell damage.

So the perk would cause absorbed spells to restore magicka.

I am under the impression they are like spell shields. So when you are casting one, and thus the shield is up, if you get hit with a spell, you get some recharge to your magicka. I think those spell shields you have seen in a lot of footage over the past year are actually the wards.< edit: actually I just looked that up, it seems they are still alteration spells. so then I guess its' just pretection type spells.. might be a useful perk though if you have enchanted wards on your armor. :)

I really think the magical arts are much more balanced out and each one seems really quite useful. I still think conjuration will still be the weakest still, but I always focus on that and alchemy. This time there is so much choice in character build through perks. It's hard choices

Edited by Ghogiel