Skyrim Information

Zaldir

"There's no decision yet on mounts or difficulty levels. Inquiries about guilds, factions, alchemy and crime are all batted away. We do at least find out that you can buy property, and Howard hints that some dragons may not be your enemies." - from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-18-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-preview?page=4

Could it be ..? :teehee: :woot:

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The menus are pure sex, basically. The crisp, floating text, tiered menus and full 3D renderings of every inventory item is light years ahead of the fugly boxes and fuzzy, endless lists of Oblivion and Fallout 3. Seriously: these may be the best-looking in-game menus in history." - Rock Paper Shotgun

To the doubters of the menu system: is this enough for you? :P

From IGN:

To make managing all these active powers easy, Bethesda's implemented a system where you can bring up a small quick-select menu to cycle between abilities. Initiating this mode pauses the game momentarily and pulls up a list of anything you've labeled as a "favorite" in the main menu. So if you want to switch from Detect Life and fireballs to Chain Lightning, it can be done with minimal time spent fussing with the interface.

So the game does pause everytime you switch your spells or your weapon set-up.That sucks, how is that better than Oblivion?If anything that would just slow combat down even more.

And also:

The eight attribute categories from the previous Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion, have been cut out. Now you only have to worry about your Magicka to cast spells, Health for your hit points, and Stamina, which serves as a limiting factor when pulling off axe slashes and mace bashes in combat.

So attributes have been officially removed, it's been implied that they were removed for some time now, but until now I wasn't sure as to whether or not it was really true.

This is from VideoGamer:

In the demonstration we stop by a shop to pick up a quest entitled The Golden Claw from shopkeeper Lucan Valerius. Lucan, coincidentally, has a cheese wheel on his counter that's actually bigger than my head.

Talking to Lucan is effortless, and the neat and tidy overlays don't freeze you into position for the length of the conversation - you can wander about, break the conversation, and return to it at the same spot later on. The trader wants the player to head off into Bleak Falls Barrow, a nearby ancient Nordic temple nestled within a mountain, and retrieve his Golden Claw (presumably priceless, of course) from bandits who've nicked off with it.

Yes we already knew that conversations took place in real-time, but I was under the impression that it would be like an Oblivion in-game cutscene, where you wouldn't be able to move or walk around, so this is good news for me, I hate being rooted to the spot in a game.

Unfortunately, there isn't really any good new info here, most of it's just paraphrased info that we've already been told.

Edited by Corakus

- We now have 3 attributes: Health, Magicka and Stamina

- Lots of voice actors, and more famous voice actors than Max Von Sydow.

- It's now confirmed that you can dual-wield spells to make some kind of "ultra-spell".

- Some more on the economic: If you decide to destroy a local lumber mill, you'll find it results in a shortage of wooden objects such as arrows in nearby shops. You probably shouldn't destroy the lumber mill, then. Alternatively, you could chop some wood for the lumber mill, which will earn you a bit of cash.

- You will never receive an explanation why you, in the beginning of the game, are going to be executed.

Holy crap! Thos pics are amazing! The environments are awesome, and the races.....exceeded expectations. I have never played a Kahjiit or Orc before cause I didn't like the looks. You can bet I will now!

OH OH I want to see Argonians and wood elves nad dark elves now!

Holy crap! Thos pics are amazing! The environments are awesome, and the races.....exceeded expectations. I have never played a Kahjiit or Orc before cause I didn't like the looks. You can bet I will now!

OH OH I want to see Argonians and wood elves nad dark elves now!

Me too, I can't wait to see the argonians!

Although I'm going to be crossing all of my body parts in hopes that we won't get rigid hair anymore.

Those races do look pretty good and make past implementations pale in comparison.

Speaking of comparison, here is a quick comparison of the races between Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim:

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1303151790.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1303151827.jpg

LHammonds