Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I read all of the articles, and one of the things that stood out to me in one of the articles is that the level cap is now supposedly 25 instead of 50? I forget which one, but that means we're looking at getting 50% less perks than we originally thought :(

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the perks belong to a specific skill, so how would the perks affect movement speed and jump if there isn't any athletics or acrobatics skill or a similar skill?

Maybe on the armor skills (if they are still in), i think that would be a nice group of skills to have perks related with speed, and would have the player chooseing between armor perks for moving faster or armor perks for defence, another skill could be stealth. The only problem i see about having those perks on the armor skills is with characters that dont use armor.

It was noted early on that they will use more than just Havok for ragdolls. They specifically named Havok Behavior as being utilized in Skyrim. Here is a blurb I wrote in our Blender forum a while back:

With Havok Behavior, it seems you can create your animation however you want (using whatever technology...mocap...MotionBuilder, etc.), but it is the HB that handles the transition between one animation and the other...thus freeing up the animation artists to just focus on creating animations and not the multitude of possible combination of transitions between one anim and another. For example, we shouldn't see that horrible skip animation when Jumping in Oblivion. There are many examples in Oblivion where there is very little to no transition from one anim to another.

Take a look here: Havok Behavior Overview

Then look here at the various demonstration videos

EDIT: Although this looks like most aspects of the graphics and gameplay have been improved over Oblivion, some things are going to remain the same...such as clipping issues. Clipping is still going to occur simply because of how they are implementing the individual items. Transparency glitches...these are bound to happen as well since no game can handle multi-transparency very well yet. So don't expect great-looking roman-style plumes on your helmets just yet. ;) Many items are still going to be fairly low-poly because they are still targeted for common platform and the lowest common denominators are the aging consoles. Some up-close things will be higher poly but possibly at the expense of other things being reduced.

I would like to thank Corakus for posting that magical text adventure (it felt like I was a child first experiencing Disneyland while reading it!) that was posted on the Eurogamer site. I have no doubts now whatsoever that I will enjoy this game with little scrutiny on my part. Edited by AltreU