South Sudan to vote for independence!

Feltmarskal

I dare say Africa would be a lot better off today if it wasn't for US, European, Soviet and now Chinese interference.

Truth. Every colonial power on Earth has tried to screw the African continent over.

And it worked quite well... It definitely did benefit the colonial powers though.

The US and China would definitely interfere due to the oil resources.

Edited by Feltmarskal

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare say Africa would be a lot better off today if it wasn't for US, European, Soviet and now Chinese interference.

Truth. Every colonial power on Earth has tried to screw the African continent over.

And it worked quite well... It definitely did benefit the colonial powers though.

The US and China would definitely interfere due to the oil resources.

Wait what?

The US hasn't cared much about Africa for the past hundred years... The only reason the US would care about Africa would be areas of North Africa close to the middle east.

Wait what?

The US hasn't cared much about Africa for the past hundred years... The only reason the US would care about Africa would be areas of North Africa close to the middle east.

The US has had soldiers (the "special" kind) fighting in various African locales for at least the last 20-30 years, afaik. They even made a movie about some of the fighting, Black Hawk Down, based on some of the events of the Battle of Mogadishu which resulted from the attempts at capturing some Somalian warlord. That happened (the battle) in 1993, and it was an operation with various sectors of the US armed forces in conjunction with the United Nations.

Now, if there was even the UN at that point (1993), how long were the special operations there before that? Those guys are always everywhere *before* anything ever becomes public.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif

Wait what?

The US has had soldiers (the "special" kind) fighting in various African locales for at least the last 20-30 years, afaik. They even made a movie about some of the fighting, Black Hawk Down, based on some of the events of the Battle of Mogadishu which resulted from the attempts at capturing some Somalian warlord. That happened (the battle) in 1993, and it was an operation with various sectors of the US armed forces in conjunction with the United Nations.

Now, if there was even the UN at that point (1993), how long were the special operations there before that? Those guys are always everywhere *before* anything ever becomes public.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif

I guess that's true enough.

Wait what?

The events in Somalia were an aberration of American Policy. When it comes to American involvement in Africa its more a case of involvement in Arab/Muslim Africa (Which they have done on a few occasions) and Black Africa involvement which they have rarely done .Whats the difference between the 2 ,well Arab Africa is at the top of Africa and extends to the Red Sea/Horn of Africa area a somewhat strategically important area to the US .The rest of Africa on the other hand has no vital importance .So it would be more accurate to say most of Africa has been ignored by the US ,except certain areas and even those don't get all that much attention. The events in Tunisia are a perfect example of it. ie American perspective: Government of Tunisia is a trusted friend , doing a good job , nice and stable , Huh a revolution , whoops didn't see that coming.

The events in Somalia were an aberration of American Policy. When it comes to American involvement in Africa its more a case of involvement in Arab/Muslim Africa (Which they have done on a few occasions) and Black Africa involvement which they have rarely done .Whats the difference between the 2 ,well Arab Africa is at the top of Africa and extends to the Red Sea/Horn of Africa area a somewhat strategically important area to the US .The rest of Africa on the other hand has no vital importance .So it would be more accurate to say most of Africa has been ignored by the US ,except certain areas and even those don't get all that much attention. The events in Tunisia are a perfect example of it. ie American perspective: Government of Tunisia is a trusted friend , doing a good job , nice and stable , Huh a revolution , whoops didn't see that coming.

Personally I don't think there exist aberrations in American Policy. Everything is always done the way that it's "supposed" to be done. I don't believe they make mistakes. I think they do exactly whatever they think is according to plan.

I wasn't really talking about the public stuff when I wrote the above but you're right, I should have said that they were everywhere *important*. And yeah, Tunisia is a trusted friend, and what a surprise, it's run by a corrupt elite (just like another trusted friend, Italy, I might add). Maybe now they'll "step in" with a base or two in Tunisia to help stabilize the mess they "allowed" to happen. Tunisia is still pretty close to those A-Rabs and their ole {said with Bushian Texas accent}.

Personally I don't think there exist aberrations in American Policy. Everything is always done the way that it's "supposed" to be done. I don't believe they make mistakes. I think they do exactly whatever they think is according to plan.

Well the impetus for going into Somalia was the imminent mass starvation of the people , due to the unending civil strife and the aim of putting a stop to that was a humanitarian objective ,which is an aberration of American policy ,at least in the implementation of its military might .They have in the past used the military for various rescue operations ,but to insert their troops to specifically prevent warring parties from killing each other for solely humanitarian reasons ,I would have to view that as aberrant and it certainly didn't go to plan when Black Hawk Down happened.After that they high tailed it out of there as soon as possible ,not a very successful plan.

Well the impetus for going into Somalia was the imminent mass starvation of the people , due to the unending civil strife and the aim of putting a stop to that was a humanitarian objective ,which is an aberration of American policy ,at least in the implementation of its military might .They have in the past used the military for various rescue operations ,but to insert their troops to specifically prevent warring parties from killing each other for solely humanitarian reasons ,I would have to view that as aberrant and it certainly didn't go to plan when Black Hawk Down happened.After that they high tailed it out of there as soon as possible ,not a very successful plan.

Ah! I see what you mean now. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

http://www.google.co...259f1c4d8aa.5f1

Well they've voted for secession, lets hope its accepted by the north.

Yeah, that's a very good point. Now we'll see if China's strong-arm tactics in the North have paid off their due fruits.