A very pissed off Modder

GothicNicki

I posted a message earlier today concerning importing an external, to the core Skyrim, Static. when i initally added the static i saw it corectly in the Model Data box. On importing said mesh I got a red Diamond with an ! error.

My Skyrim Install is on my D Drive, D:\Software\Games\ ... . My question is, is it important that either the CK or both CK and Skyrim is placed on the C drive where my Windows 7 sits?

I hope someone can help otherwise I will not be able to complete the Mod i am working on and i want to complete it as it is based on one of novel ideas.

Nicki

No, it doesn't have to be on the same drive as your OS. Open up the static in the CK, change/edit model and see where the static is pointing for the mesh. Something might have changed and it just needs redirected at the correct mesh location in your Data/Mesh/ folder.

Sometimes when u add a new mesh into the game the CK chokes and doesn't refresh the model. Placing the item in game will actually have the model show up. Usually i have to reboot the CK to actually see the model in the Render window