Bitten by a vampire

Lehcar

I've heard it's possible to get bitten by a vampire while sleeping... but how is this possible when the game explicitly will not allow you to go to sleep when there are "enemies" nearby? It's never happened to me. Edited by Lehcar

I've heard it's possible to get bitten by a vampire while sleeping... but how is this possible when the game explicitly will not allow you to go to sleep when there are "enemies" nearby? It's never happened to me.

It is not possible. What happens is that if you get "bitten" by a vampire (actually any form of damage will do it), you have a chance of catching Porphyric Hemophilia. If you sleep while infected with this disease, you will become a vampire. You may be confusing that with actually getting bitten in your sleep.

I suppose it would be possible for a mod to do what you are talking about, but it definitely doesn't happen in the vanilla game.

You must be thinking of the Dark Brotherhood mission "Darkness Eternal" It's where you have the option to get bitten by Vincent Valtieri and become a vampire. Link Once you wake up, you get a dialog box that pops up and tells you that you've been bitten by Vincent in the night as you slept.

You must be thinking of the Dark Brotherhood mission "Darkness Eternal" It's where you have the option to get bitten by Vincent Valtieri and become a vampire. Link Once you wake up, you get a dialog box that pops up and tells you that you've been bitten by Vincent in the night as you slept.

This is the only instance I'm aware of that does not involve some sort of mod.

But people have said they've gone to sleep, and then woken up to a popup message saying they were bitten while sleeping?

That's possible with Twilight Vampirism. I hate sleeping outside when I have that mode. I always end up being a vampire and don't know why.