Highest Level possible?

DeathRaze

I heard that the highest level that you could get to on Oblivion was 255, has anyone ever made it that far? I myself tried to make it to that level on my 360 version and I made it to level 232 my first time, the second time I tried I got up to about 240, but I never hit 255. Has anyone ever been able to do it, and if so, with what race skills class etc.

class - irrelevant

skills - irrelevant

race - irrelevant

you already know this because you used the documented glitch to get near the end

so you know that all you needed to do was spend more time doing exactly the same thing to get there

as you had already done.

I suspect that the number 255 is the highest you can reach with console codes and cheat mods. I have a Khajiit pure mage who has been playing for about a year and a half and has been many places and done many things. He is stalled at level 45. His major skills are pretty much topped out and he will not be able to raise very many more levels. So I think that for most characters, you could consider them to have reached the end at about level 45. Edited by David Brasher

I'm not talking about cheating or using the console commands, I did this on my 360 version. I know there was a guide to getting to 255 w/o cheating but I topped out at 232 the first time and 240 the second time. I wanted to know if anyone had actually managed to do it without cheating and could just tell me the skills that they used to get there.

Hmm well I myself got up to level 245ish when I tried to see how high I could go.

Honestly, it all depends on the beginning of the game and yes, the skills and class you pick *do* matter. When I went through I chose Alteration, Conjuration, Alchemy, Illusion, Mysticism, Acrobatics and Blade.These skills are great because they are very easy to level up manually and its easy to make sure they don't go up while in the sewers. Seriously, don't use any magic, hit the rats with your hand to hand, and don't jump.

Next you want to choose two attributes for your custom class. I chose endurance and personality, because neither of those two attributes govern any of those seven or if they do, not many. After that its just a matter of avoiding the stat multipliers at each level and working your way up.

Also, I don't know if you did this or not, but when you finally max out all stats, you can gain another 30+ levels when doing the Addiction Quest for Thadon in SI. When you eat the felldew and your stats go down, instead of getting the chalice of reversal, start leveling up untill your stats are back to 100. Now not only have you gained an additional 30+ levels, but when you complete the quest, your attributes are permanently increased to 115 and 110.

I don't know if this is much help or if you did all this already or whatnot, but its how I myself made it to 245, I couldn't make it any higher than that, I don't know if its possible to make it to 255 at all. =/

Hmm well I myself got up to level 245ish when I tried to see how high I could go.

Honestly, it all depends on the beginning of the game and yes, the skills and class you pick *do* matter. When I went through I chose Alteration, Conjuration, Alchemy, Illusion, Mysticism, Acrobatics and Blade.These skills are great because they are very easy to level up manually and its easy to make sure they don't go up while in the sewers. Seriously, don't use any magic, hit the rats with your hand to hand, and don't jump.

Next you want to choose two attributes for your custom class. I chose endurance and personality, because neither of those two attributes govern any of those seven or if they do, not many. After that its just a matter of avoiding the stat multipliers at each level and working your way up.

Also, I don't know if you did this or not, but when you finally max out all stats, you can gain another 30+ levels when doing the Addiction Quest for Thadon in SI. When you eat the felldew and your stats go down, instead of getting the chalice of reversal, start leveling up untill your stats are back to 100. Now not only have you gained an additional 30+ levels, but when you complete the quest, your attributes are permanently increased to 115 and 110.

I don't know if this is much help or if you did all this already or whatnot, but its how I myself made it to 245, I couldn't make it any higher than that, I don't know if its possible to make it to 255 at all. =/

One more thing: I don't recommend playing the game at that high a level since even at the easiest difficulty, the enemies have so much hp that you're sitting there for minutes on end slashing over and over while their hp very slowly dwindles away. Only thing I ever found useful at being that high is you average about 2800 hp and you can jump off anything and not die, other than that it's not worth it imo.

Hmm, well thanks for the help Ayra, I guess I'll try one more runthrough doing what you said. I usually started out with generally the same skills, but i made intelligence and strength my two favored attributes for my custom class, which obviously would raise those two attributes fairly high with the favored skills I chose. Well I'm going back to the 360 and spending another 30+ hours trying to get to the highest level possible. Wish me luck :D

How in the name of Dagon did you reach that kind of levels ? I am stalled at around 46-47 everything at around max and cannot imagine going further...damn...240? wow...that is big. Have you been playing since 2006, when the game appeared ? :)) Also..I presume the level is not thet important :-? Just play till you are bored and then...start another character with another challenge like...pure hand to hand or...pure mage without mods. Good luck ;)